About the team
We are looking for QA engineers for several streams. For a complete description of our QA process click here. Generally, the approaches are very similar, but we have some specifics for different streams:
- Growth - quick experiments in the product. We have to do quick experiments without bugs and switch to development approach when we understand that we need to turn an experiment into a long-term solution
- Platform - public API and SDK. We should ensure quick improvement without changes to existing functionality.
- Core Product - very complex functional testing (including automation) here. There are two areas:
- Canvas. And this is a complete freedom of action of the user. Also there are a lot of technical challenges.
- Business logic of management of users.
- Use-cases - very complex functional testing too, and with collaboration. This stream creates a lot of functionality across the whole product, and has focus on workshops, where several hundred or thousand users work together.
- Enterprise - this stream creates functionality for our big customers. Management of a big number of users, specific authorization (like SSO), security features.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the role
In our case, QA engineers are experts in the testing area. QA can design test cases, cover functionality by e2e tests and teach team members to write e2e tests too. QA is a knowledge base about all types of technical tests. Like load testing, security testing, etc. QA engineers are able to define quality vision and strategy for team components.
Also, QA helps to build an effective development process in the team regarding quality. The QA works in conjunction with the team leader of the feature team and is the driver of process changes that affect the quality of the product being created.
What you’ll do
- You will participate in problem-solving and solution design for all initiatives and experiments, together with the team
- Create acceptance scenarios
- Help a team prepare and write autotests
- Conduct exploratory testing
- Improve quality assurance processes in a team and create a target vision regarding quality
What you’ll need
- 3+ years autotests experience (preferred JS or Java friendly languages)
- 2+ years experience in manual (exploratory) testing, experience in applying various test design techniques, ability to create vision and strategy regarding quality for team components
- Strong expertise and skills in decomposing product requirements and designing a test scenario, experience in analyzing different types of technical testing, and choosing actionable items
- Responsible for the team quality
Nice to have
- Growth - quality assurance in a team that does quick experiments in the product
- Platform - experience with quality assurance for public API and SDK (frontend experience). QA for REST API at least
- Use-cases - quality assurance in conditions of very complex functional testing (including automation)
What’s in it for you
- Competitive equity package
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Our tech stack
- Frontend: TypeScript, Less, React Native, Webpack, Canvas API, AngularJS, CerebralJS
- Maven, Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket
- AWS (S3, EC2), Docker, Linux
- Backend: Java 11, Spring (+Spring Boot), Hazelcast, Redis, PostgreSQL, TestNG & Mockito
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.