About the team
The Core Product Experience is the essence of Miro. It's the most used and mission-critical part of the product for a user and a critical ingredient for the success of our business. The Core Product stream is responsible for all the canvas UI and interactions, simple and complex graphical objects and their behavior, content creation and collaboration experience on the board. Its mission is to reinforce human intelligence and enable teams to create Next Big Things by providing tools for visual thinking and communication that are intuitive and easy for everyone.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
Please watch this video to learn more about the Core Product stream
About the role
The Product Director within Core Product will define the multi-year vision, strategy and roadmap for Miro's Core Product experience. This role will be responsible for delivering new and amazing experiences to the over 25 million users and fits within our Core product stream which is responsible for whiteboard and cross-device experiences. The Core experience is what every single end-user interacts with, representing over 5 million weekly active users (WAUs) and your goal is to double the WAUs within the next 12 months.
What you'll do
- Develop a strategy of ramping up Miro growth and building a competitive advantage on the heating upmarket.
- Lead existing and set up new teams for all mission-critical areas of the Visual Experience
- Be a leading product person of Miro in Berlin who attract new talents to the team
- Build a rapid innovation process together with Design, Research, and Engineering
- Set up a structured and measurable approach for continuous improvement and maintenance of a high bar of user experience
- Guide the development of underlying technological foundations together with the Whiteboard engine teams
What you'll need
- 7+ years in product management, 5+ in leadership, 5+ working on products with a high bar of user experience and complexity
- Experience leading a team of 10+ product managers
- Proven track record of innovative design/tech solutions, strong strategic decisions, and achieving product success
- Deep understanding of user experience design and crafting human-computer interaction
- Very structured thinking to guide complex product and architectural decisions
- Experience of working in a hyper-growth environment with rapidly scaling the teams
- Being a true team player, inspiring and empowering the team, and nurturing a healthy relationship throughout the company
- Experience in Enterprise SaaS, productivity, or graphical software is a plus
What's in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.