About the team
At Miro we are connecting teams across the globe with a seamless online collaboration experience. We are a rapidly growing company and such growth puts additional demand to the infrastructure for the product. To maintain the best in class product quality, stability and scalability, Miro is looking to consolidate all such efforts in the Engineering Infrastructure organization.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the role
To keep the Engineering Infrastructure organization focused and steer the team in the right direction, we are looking for an architect to join the CTO and other architects and help them drive the global technology roadmap in the company.
We are looking for people from all backgrounds who want the opportunity to help build a future where there are no bounds to distributed and remote working, and an engineering leader who can drive the architecture and technical capabilities of Miro to the next level, capable of withstanding the growing number of users and load.
What you’ll do
- Design and develop Miro’s software architecture
- Lead engineering efforts to design product and business logic architecture
- Be a go-to person and tech decision-maker for software architecture questions
- Evaluate current state of the product, design and launch performance improvements
- Design performance suite for continuous performance assessment
- Helping to solve complex and ambiguous product cases, make decisions on how new features should be implemented
- Lead best practices development in engineering for the entire organization
- Lead design and development of Miro’s public platform architecture
What you’ll need
- 12+ years of industry experience (software development / engineering), knowledge of Agile development
- 8+ years of experience as a senior engineer
- 5+ years as an architect / staff / principal engineer in top software company
- Proven experience in building large-scale cloud product, preferably SaaS
- Expertise in Java. Deep knowledge of Java technologies (Spring FW, Spring Boot, Hazelcast, etc)
- Extensive experience with databases data modeling - both RDBMS and NoSQL
- Experience in building best engineering practices for large organizations
- Great software architecture skills
- Ability to build strong trusting relationships with engineers, product and leaders
- Good English communication skills
What’s in it for you
- Competitive equity package
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided in the office
- Wellbeing benefit and WFH equipment allowance
- Annual learning and development allowance to grow your skills and career
- Opportunity to work for a globally diverse team
Miro provides a visual workspace for innovation that enables distributed teams of any size to dream, design, and build the future together. Our mission is to empower teams to create the next big thing by creating a place where teams can create together seamlessly, regardless of location.
Today, more than 50 million users in 180,000 organizations including Nike, Ikea, Deloitte, WPP, and Cisco depend on Miro to improve product development collaboration, to speed up time to market, and to make sure that new products and services deliver on customer needs.
Miro's visual workspace enables distributed teams to come together to synthesize information, develop strategy, design products and services, and manage processes all throughout the innovation lifecycle. When you look at a Miro Board, you can see hundreds of collaborators moving through the space as named cursors on the screen designing, contributing ideas, providing feedback, and co-creating together with shared tools and information.
Everyone in Miro has access to the same shared capabilities designed for innovation including diagramming, wireframing, real-time data visualization, and built-in support for agile practices. Miro's workspace is integrated with more than 130 other applications including Jira, Azure DevOps, Asana, Zoom, Slack, and Teams, many of which offer two-way integrations and can be dynamically updated directly from Miro.
Miro enables organizations to accelerate time to market and ensure continuous alignment with customer needs and company strategy. In most organizations, Miro is used by product development teams looking for a new, better way to drive innovation. However, we see more teams including marketing, sales, management consulting, architecture, creative design, and HR that are increasingly applying innovation methodologies such as design thinking and agile practices and adopting Miro for this work.
Check out more about life at Miro:
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@lifeatmiro
- Blog: https://miro.com/careers/life-at-miro/all/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/wearemiro/
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.