About the team
The Higher Education Team is a critical component of our go-to-market strategy and presents an outstanding opportunity to scale our approach to Higher Ed. This team works on enterprise and strategic sales cycles with our higher education customers to set the foundation for success for future expansion and revenue for a broad range of Institutions in the Americas region, while adding value and enhancing collaboration for students, faculty, and staff.
About the Role
We are seeking a Higher Education Strategic AE with experience selling to the Higher Education market to expand Miro’s footprint. This is a fast growth market for Miro and this individual will have the opportunity to develop our EDU sales motion and improve the education experience for faculty, staff, and students.
As a Higher Education Strategic AE, you will focus on both net-new logo acquisition into public and private institutions across the Americas, in addition to expansion within your book of business. You’ll use research to gain insight into customer challenges, identify key stakeholders, and challenge customers' thinking about how Miro can transform the way the Institutions work.
You will collaborate cross-functionally on gathering key EDU business requirements and evolve our go-to-market strategy and playbook in this market to drive high output from a robust pipeline.
This is an incredibly exciting opportunity with the potential to own the full EDU Segment if successful.
What you’ll do
- Develop and close new and expansion EDU sales opportunities
- Build and execute plans for target accounts
- Run demonstrations, evaluations+pilots, and RFP processes
- Manage complex sales cycles and license negotiations
- Provide key input into the overall EDU strategy and drive building the EDU playbook
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners on pricing and packaging, EDU focused collateral, security and certification requirements, and partnership opportunities
What you’ll need
- Minimum of 3+ years SaaS sales experience focusing on the Higher Education market - specifically Universities, Business Schools, Architecture or Design Master Programs, and MOOCs
- Minimum of 6+ years of closing experience with a tech/SaaS organization
- Curiosity, strong business acumen, and operational excellence
- Passion for challenging the status quo and improving the experience of collaboration
- Strong prospecting, territory planning, and team-selling experience
- Proven track record of exceeding sales quotas
- Experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have the ability to grow rapport and relationships with potential clients
- You have a positive outlook that can maneuver through ambiguity and ability to work and collaborative with a growing team
What’s in it for you
- Excellent Medical, Dental + Vision health benefits
- Scrappy startup environment with hyper growth potential where you’ll learn best in class skills
- Competitive salaries + Flexible time off
- 401k matching + Competitive Equity Package
- Free lunches + Office snacks
- Be a part of a culture of learning that will take your professional growth to another level with collaborative + thoughtful team members
- Distributed team across offices globally in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Austin, Amsterdam, and Perm
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.