Head of Data Science
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects--from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With over 10 million users and 50 thousands paying customers, Miro is trusted by Spotify, Netflix, Twitter, Dell, Salesforce, PWC, EA, and many more global companies of all sizes.
‘Work from home’ world makes such products as Miro mission-critical for any type of organization to keep (and boost) both productivity and creativity, which is reflected in x8 y-o-y growth rate of our active users.
We are seeking a visionary data leader to establish and grow a product data science (machine learning) department within Miro, working in close collaboration with Miro’s product teams. Many of our product use cases are quite complex. We believe that Machine Learning has the potential to greatly increase work efficiency by personalizing and automating user flows and collaborations, including, but not limited to applications such as:
- search and content discoverability
- user-journey optimisation (smart communication and content recommendations)
- cross-device smart experience (pictures / drawing recognition)
- elaboration of new “smart analytics and insights” feature for enterprise customers
Why is this position so exciting?
Miro is growing rapidly. The analytics staff within Miro has grown x3 in the past year. This Head of Data Science role represents the opportunity to own a relatively new initiative within Miro--leading the strategy and roadmap for Machine Learning within the Miro product. It also provides the opportunity to hire data scientists to deliver on that roadmap.
About the team
A small team of data scientists is already in place, currently supporting a limited number of initiatives. You will shape how your team develops over the coming months and years.
What you'll do
- Bring your experience and vision to establish a strategy for Machine Learning implementations within Miro.
- Create and refine project roadmaps with a close eye to impact on user experience, product performance and business metrics.
- Hire and develop your team (starting with several data scientists already in place)
- Deliver and maintain ML products, working in close collaboration with various product teams (especially Canvas, UX, Enterprise, Use-cases and Growth).
What we expect
- 4+ years of leading and scaling data science / machine learning teams (preferably in product companies)
- Demonstrated experience in operationalizing ML
- Algorithmic expertise (statistics / algorithmic ML / deep learning)
- Business acumen
- Strong communication skills, including strong English skills and the ability to communicate complex topics to a non-technical audience.
Our technological stack, infrastructure, tools
- ML development to date has been mostly in Python, using Pytorch & Tensorflow for deep learning
- Technology is run largely in AWS, using primarily open source software (Spark, Hive, Kafka, PostgreSQL, Presto, etc.)
What’s in it for you
- Ability to apply state-of-the-art data science to an amazing product and deliver measurable impact on user experience and business metrics
- Opportunity to work in a highly productive and passionate atmosphere, learning from smart peers while sharing your own knowledge
- Stock Options
- Medical Insurance
- Travel allowance for your commute
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly team activities (even virtually) to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global team
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Amsterdam
Back to top