Head of Data Engineering
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
About the role
Miro is a successful and still fast growing engineering company. To keep up with ever-growing data and still be able to make the best business decision, Miro is looking for an experienced engineering manager who can lead its Data Engineering team. An Engineering manager who will define the best practices, create and maintain data processing pipelines and framework. Who can keep Miro as a data driven company in the times of massive growth, changing environment and new markets. Miro needs someone who can bring and implement a vision on how to create a world class data engineering organization that is efficient and healthy, and has all the tools it needs.
What you’ll do
- Hire, build and manage Miro’s Data Engineering organization
- Lead engineering team to define, create and maintain data processing pipelines and framework for Miro product
- Invent and implement new prediction algorithms and ML models
- Develop and execute strategy for the Miro’s Data Engineering team, influence Miro’s product strategy
- Lead dashboard framework to deliver accurate information across organization as well as early warnings system
- Work closely with different stakeholders across organization
What you’ll need
- 7+ yrs industry experience (software development / engineering), familiar with Agile development
- 5+ yrs experience as an Engineering Manager
- 3+ yrs recent experience in Data engineering
- Expertise building / running engineering teams of 40+ engineers
- Strong analytical and engineering skills, ability create new models as well as engineering pipelines to implement them
- Data driven approach to development process. Ability to prioritize and focus development efforts on key areas (based on metrics)
- Experience building data tools, frameworks, including dashboards
- Ability to build strong trusting relationships with engineers, product and leaders
- Good English communication skills
What's in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office.
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With around 10 million users and counting, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
Back to top