About the team
At the Growth Analytics team it is our responsibility to uncover what our users are aiming to accomplish within Miro. And we are doing this at scale! As the name (Growth Analytics) suggests, we are working a lot with understanding user behaviour by analysing their actions. But this is not everything we do though! We create hypotheses, build growth models, own metrics and experiment together with our fellow Growth PMs and Growth Marketing people. Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the role
Growth data analytics is focused on the quantitative understanding of users and customers behavior across different stages of their lifecycle (product-led acquisition, activation, engagement, decision to pay, retention and expansion). We consider Data Analyst as a bi-direction driver. On the one hand, they transform business goals to data requests and reports/dashboards, on the other - proactively explore data to bring insights and drive right decisions.
What you’ll do
You will be a direct partner for Product-led acquisition / Engagement growth teams.
- When start: 90% hands-on analytics; 10% methodology elaboration.
- When team grows (in 3-9 months): 60% hands-on analytics; 20% team development; 20% methodology elaboration.
- Rolling-out ‘data-as-a-service’ approach for partner team to make data easy to access, understand and make decisions
- Communicate with growth and cross-functional teams, defining metrics they track, planning report structures, making it visually appealing and easy to understand, and automating the reporting process in our BI system
- Work hands-on with the team to manage the end-to-end process: scope projects, build pipelines and data models, synthesize results, build dashboards and reports
- Measure the impact of both existing and new features and growth experiments on our key metrics (eg. number of collaborative boards, conversions, etc)
- Identify and share insights that will impact growth strategies
- Reply for ad-hoc data requests from partner team
- Contribute to building a high-performing, high-throughput Data team in Perm and Amsterdam (Data Analysts, Engineers and Scientists)
- Mentor 1-2 middle/junior analysts (evaluate the performance of analytics team members and provide them the necessary coaching, guidance, and learning opportunities to help them grow in their careers)
- Coach and facilitate cross-functional team behaviour
- Introduce and coach the team on the latest analytical methodologies
- Think outside the box regarding the data we're collecting and analyzing
- Evolve experimentation framework and workflow
- In collaboration with data scientists elaborate and implement ML/econometric models
What you’ll need
- 4-6 years of experience in growth analytics within product customer-centric organisations
- Expertise in statistical methods, experimental design, using quantitative analysis to impact key decisions
- Profound experience writing SQL queries and working with large data sets
- Experience in product analytics and BI tools (eg. GA, Amplitude, Looker, Tableau, or similar)
- Experience in delivering analytical solutions for complex growth-related tasks (behavioral segmentation, business-models quantitative assessment, argumentation for new pricing strategies, etc.)
- Ability to build clear, concise and informative dashboards, and communicate effectively with managers and executives
- Understand overall business value, rather than think and care just about numbers and charts
- Experience dealing with unstructured business issues and successfully leading team to resolve these issues
- Strong project management skills, remain focused while working across a wide variety of projects
- Excellent English language skills
Nice to have
- Programming skills in R/Python
- Knowledge of dataflow tech stack
- General knowledge of data science methods and applications
What’s in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.