Finance Operations Manager
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
About the team
You will be reporting directly to our US-based Global Head of Financial Reporting and Controls and will work very closely with our Strategic Finance team, Legal and People Operations teams.
About the role
We are looking for a passionate Finance & Accounting Operations Manager who is able to get things done. Do you want to help scale a finance and accounting team that is a true business partner to a hyper-growth, innovative software company and not just a back-office function? Do you want to make a meaningful contribution to building a global leader in the online collaboration space? If so, this may be the perfect role for you.
More about you
You are a continuous learner with a growth mindset. You thrive in a highly uncertain environment where decisions need to be made and executed upon super fast. You can translate your technical skills and understanding of the context around you into clear and pragmatic advice for the organization.
What you’ll do
- Maintain the calendar of tax, statutory and other regulatory filings for the BV entity, ensuring all deadlines are met
- Manage the statutory audit processes and proactively communicate with auditors on accounting for complex transactions
- Drive the monthly financial statement analysis and flux commentaries for the BV entity. Establish operational metrics and cadence for reporting
- Ownership of global equity administration responsibilities including process grants timely and accurately, review and approve stock option exercises, coordinate with payroll provider for tax withholding (if required), prepare equity rollforwards and reconciliations, support Legal with preparing grants file for board approval and support semi-annual/annual 409a valuation
- Identify and proactively resolve issues that could result in financial misstatements and classification errors
- Continuously improve processes and controls in the purchase-to-pay cycle for the EMEA entities
- Build efficient processes that support our Amsterdam Hub employees with all finance, accounting, document flow related matters
- Work closely with external Payroll and Accounting consultants, determine when to transition functions in-house
- Assist and coordinate banking and treasury function in the Netherlands
- Design and support future system implementations and enhancements/upgrades. Assist with the roll-out of NetSuite to EMEA entities
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of experience in finance & accounting operations, 3+ years of Big4 experience preferred
- Solid knowledge of accounting standards - IFRS, US GAAP
- Track record of implementing and improving financial/accounting processes
- Strong analytical skills and a very high level of accuracy
- Ability to operate at different levels and to build and maintain a professional network
- Collaborative and enthusiastic, whilst maintaining an high level of integrity and honesty
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience rolling out an ERP system is a big plus
What's in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Travel allowance for your commute
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly team activities (even virtually) to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global team
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Amsterdam
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With over 10 million users, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
Back to top