About the team
Miro is building an open developer platform to support new use cases, extend the reach of Miro online, and integrate with 3rd party systems. The Miro Platform is a highly strategic initiative that aims to empower developers and partners to create engaging and powerful visual collaboration applications and experiences using Miro technology.
We are now building a Developer Relations team to engage with developer communities around the world, evangelise the platform, and provide developers and partners the support and guidance they need to be successful. Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
Please watch this video to learn more about the Platform stream.
About the role
Our Developer Advocates will be the ambassadors for the Miro Platform in the developer community, and the voice of developers and partners within the Miro Platform team.
What you’ll do
- Build the profile of the Miro Platform amongst the developer community by engaging in community events, and building a library of compelling and informative online content
- Support Miro’s network of partner software vendors as they integrate their products with Miro
- Facilitate the development of a vibrant, healthy, and supportive developer community, by responding to developer questions online with advice and encouragement
- Consolidate insights from developers about their needs and challenges, and advocate on their behalf within the Miro Platform product team
- Develop and document best practices, guidelines, and code samples, to support the creation of high quality integrations
What you’ll need
- 2 or more years experience working in a developer relations or partner support team
- Software development expertise across a variety of languages and frameworks, both backend and frontend
- Current understanding of best practices in software engineering, tooling, testing, and documentation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and are comfortable with public speaking
- Enjoy engaging with technical audiences online and in person, and helping developers build compelling high quality applications and integrations
- Empathise strongly with technical audiences, and can articulate their needs to a product team
What’s in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.