Design Manager (Digital)
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
Miro is the online collaborative whiteboard platform. We are on a mission to empower teams to create the next big things by providing the best solution for collaboration.
We are trusted by 5+ million users all over the world as well as companies like Google, eBay, Twitter, Ikea, Autodesk, Cisco, Adobe, PwC, Deloitte, EY, and startups. Join us to reinvent the way how teams collaborate and create together.
The Digital Design team operates within the intersection of Product, Brand, and Marketing. We are responsible for making Miro stands-out on the digital and web environment by telling a clear, engaging, and visually-appealing product story that drives business results.
We are looking for an experienced Design Manager who could be a strategic business partner for Product and Marketing leaders and mentor for the Design team. This person should have a keen eye on the visual and communications aspects of design as well as business outcomes of their works and team performance at scale.
What you'll do
As a Digital Design Manager, you will be mentoring, developing and growing a team of digital designers to produce world-class design solutions, and iterate on it to deliver the best possible user experience and achieve business goals.
In this role, you’ll work cross-functionally with Growth, Acquisition, and Product Marketing, to rethink an approach for product storytelling on the web and develop remarkable product marketing and communication campaigns, to increase the performance of key metrics.
Your efforts will lay the foundation for establishing our web presence as a company through developing landing pages, special projects, and creating product visuals — static and dynamic. Working closely with the product & brand design teams on web and graphic design, you will help us create and supervise digital design assets.
You will have the opportunity to contribute to our process improvements, and bring in best practices through leading by example, continuing to be hands-on, providing design-direction and critique. You are also free to partner with freelancers and external studios to bring specific expertise when needed.
What you’ll need
- You are an experienced web/digital designer who spent the last ~5 years at a design studio or IT-company
- Your portfolio speaks better for you than any N of years of experience
- You have excellent typography and layout skills
- You are strong at conceptual thinking, able to analyze design problems and come up with the best possible solution.
- You are an excellent communicator, who not just effectively presents their solution, but also builds trustful relationships with their partners, by asking the right questions and making sure everyone has a clear understanding of the things you work together on.
- You speak English fluently or at an advanced level
- You are a thoughtful mentor and know how to give clear feedback and encourage your team members to improve their skills
- You have a keen interest in up-to-date visual, digital, and graphic design
What's in it for you
- Stock option program.
- Medical Insurance coverage.
- Travel allowance for a commute.
- Lunch, snacks & drinks provided.
- Pension plan coming soon.
- Team outings and collaboration.
- Flexible time off.
- Join our inspiring workplace at TQ Central.
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With over 5 million users and 20,000 paying customers, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EA, and many more global companies of all sizes.
Back to top