- Amsterdam, Netherlands
About the Team
The Data Engineering team works closely with a group of professional analysts and data scientists. They are focused on bringing the most value out of the data the company has, applying sophisticated analytics approaches, as well as cutting edge data science approaches, which help explain what users are doing within Miro, what leads them to engage, return, or churn. Currently, the Data Engineering team is located in Perm but there are plans to scale out globally.
About the role
Data Engineering supports the company with recent and actual data, helps them to solve complex engineering tasks from setting up user activity tracking to running ML models in production. Data engineers own and maintain major data pipelines and the BI system within the company, and take a vital part in helping all within the company to answer their questions using data. We are looking for an A-player engineer who is ready to solve complex tasks proactively, who’s not afraid of applying modern technologies and always prepared to learn and use any necessary new tool.
What you’ll do
- Setting up and maintaining the entire data infrastructure and data platform
- Implementing and maintaining custom ETL scripts and data pipelines
- Help implement data governance and data discoverability
- Own data quality for crucial systems at Miro
- Developing and describing data models and setting them up in the BI tool
- Helping data scientists to run and manage their ML/analytics models in production
- Solving various interesting engineering tasks as you wish
What you’ll need
- Hands-on experience with modern distributed data processing stack like Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Kafka, Presto, Snowflake, etc.
- Experience using BI tools like Looker, Tableau, Qlik, etc.
- Excellent SQL skills, ability to create and optimize scripts of the highest complexity, large datasets processing experience is a plus.
- Solid programming skills, experience working with (any of) Java, Scala, Python.
- Deep experience in working with Linux-based environments.
- Solid communication skills, experience in collaboration with other teams.
- Experience dealing with unstructured business tasks.
- Advanced English and Russian
Nice to have
- General experience working with cloud computing platforms, preferably AWS.
- AWS EMR, S3, EC2, and Data Pipeline or Apache Airflow experience.
- Experience working with Presto and Postgres, as well as any NoSQL database.
- Experience of development and deployment using Docker.
- Experience in infrastructure management tools like Ansible, Terraform.
- Enterprise Java development experience (say Maven, Spring, IoC are not new words for you).
What’s in it for you
A massive amount of different tasks that cover various areas of data processing. Ability to choose the sphere you like more and focus on it. The team is always ready to help.
- Stock Option Grant.
- Medical Insurance coverage.
- Travel allowance for your commute.
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided.
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period.
- Weekly team activities (even virtually) to keep the spirits high.
- Opportunity to work for a truly global team.
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Amsterdam.
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With around 10 million users and counting, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
Back to top