About the team
Miro’s Brand Team is responsible for delivering remarkable experiences that communicate our brand with the world. Together with our talented team, you’ll work on every type of project and channel: from global events and video to web and campaigns. You’ll level-up our brand, scale creative operations and lead a team of talented teammates to become a new industry benchmark.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the role
Miro is the leading online collaborative whiteboard platform helping cross-functional teams of marketers, designers, product managers and engineers ideate, design, think, and collaborate to bring some of the world’s most innovative products on the planet to market.
Today we have more than 10 million users globally and teams inside companies like Netflix, Twitter, Salesforce, Airbnb, PwC, Deloitte and many more. We’ve grown rapidly–and organically–over recent years and we’re now looking for a visionary design leader who can help us build a global, iconic brand.
As Miro’s Creative Director, you’ll lead Miro’s rapidly growing Brand Studio and you will be responsible for evolving and managing our brand and identity standards. You’ll build, coach, and lead teams with a focus on production, design, video, motion graphics, and copy that serve all of Miro. You’ll shape and manage a network of freelancers and agencies that help us scale up and successfully deliver a wide variety of impactful creative projects. You’ll evolve our identity to be distinctive, beautiful, and recognizable.
We’re looking for a creative leader who can juggle out-of-the-box thinking and business goals while coaching a growing team of brand designers, producers and writers to do their best work.
What you’ll do
- Lead, scale and manage our growing Brand Design team, including graphic and motion designers, strategy, production, video, and copy
- Evolve and redefine our brand identity and voice, empowering the team to create outstanding work that makes Miro look and feel like Miro
- Develop and implement our brand across key assets — marketing campaigns, product visuals, emails, video, swag, social, experiential and event design, etc.
- Provide creative direction and constructive feedback and oversee the evolution of the work. Help the team develop relationships cross-functionally, and serve as valuable contributors and partner to the marketing team
- Work with the Head of Product Design to align brand identity with product design to build strong branded interactions and memorable experience both in online and offline
- Design a service-oriented creative organization with clear processes, guidelines and systems to scale our workflow for internal clients with predictable deadlines and quality
- Establish a network of external agencies and contributors to run special projects and long-term partnerships
What you’ll need
- 10+ years’ experience creating outstanding brand experiences that are meaningful, unique, and executed to the highest standard. Background in design necessary
- An empathetic leader with a strong track record of leading and growing service-oriented creative teams, preferably building an in-house design team in a tech environment
- Proven experience developing the strategy and long-term management of brand guidelines and systems, as well as executing across brand, print, video, motion, editorial, experiential, and digital design
- Exceptional communicator and negotiator with strong strategic decision-making skills and the ability to nimbly weigh business goals alongside creative goals
- A strong portfolio which showcases solid creative thinking and execution of marketing campaigns – while maintaining a clear brand and campaign throughline
- Strengths in typography, motion, design systems, visual storytelling & art direction, as well as mastery in Figma/Sketch/Adobe Creative Suite
- A highly organized self-starter, skilled at managing a team and working productively in a cross-functional environment (e.g., design, content, web development, external agencies)
What's in it for you
At Miro, you’ll enjoy a scrappy startup environment, collaborative and thoughtful team members and a community of users that absolutely love our product. Along with competitive salaries and the full slate of benefits, Miro provides everything you personally need to get your job done. We are passionate about our mission and are lucky to see the impact of our work, every day! Miro is a distributed team across offices globally in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Amsterdam, Austin and Perm.
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Travel allowance for your commute
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly team activities (even virtually) to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global team
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Amsterdam
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.