VDC Fabrication Specialist - Detailer
- New York, NY
What’s GREAT about a career with Microdesk?
Microdesk combines technology and business process consulting to help firms successfully plan, design, build and operate land and buildings. With Microdesk, you are part of a company that is delivering solutions to improve the entire project delivery process, from planning and design, to construction and operations & maintenance. We combine a strong vision with the latest tools and the talent of individuals from every corner of the industry to bring our clients’ projects to life. A career with Microdesk is a rewarding way to contribute to a variety of projects that help our clients throughout the AECO industry not only realize what is possible today, but also envision the future.
Are you a MEP detailer or designer with Autodesk Fabrication CADmep and Autodesk Revit (MEP: HVAC, Electrical and Plumbing) experience looking for a more consultative role? Take this opportunity to join a smart, driven, growth- oriented company where you will constantly be at the forefront of today’s latest design and technology trends!
Working as part of our solutions consulting team, this is your chance to do strategic work with our industry-leading clients and gain valuable experience as you manage cutting edge implementations of design and construction technology on a variety of projects.
This position can report to any of our office locations as well as be fully-remote.
Skills & Experience
- Experience in the means and methods of field installation of MEP/FP systems
- Experience in a fabrication shop environment
- Demonstrated and recent direct experience with the process, workflow and use of Autodesk Fabrication (CADmep/CAMduct) and Autodesk Revit (MEP) or other associated trade specific CAD based programs
- Spool drawings
- Navisworks coordination
- Revit MEP project setup
- Creation and administration of an Autodesk Fabrication database (.ITMs)
- Understands the workflow from design to preconstruction to detailing to fabrication
You're a great fit as a Microdesk Consultant if:
- You are tech savvy and like solving problems (i.e. improving workflows, automating repetitive tasks, troubleshooting)
- You are proactive and enjoy learning new software programs
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where every day is different
- You can manage and prioritize multiple clients/projects at the same time
- You are skilled in information gathering and technical discovery techniques
- You work well independently but also in a team-oriented culture
- You enjoy traveling and are comfortable with flexible working situations
- You value a good work-life balance
We offer an enriching environment where learning and growing technically becomes part of your career. Microdesk is dedicated to fostering the professional growth and development of our employees.
Microdesk offers highly competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including Aetna Medical with company funded HRA or HSA, Ameritas Dental, EyeMed Vision, Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts and Commuter Spending Account options, company paid Life, STD and LTD insurances, 401K and Profit Sharing Plan with 35% match and generous paid time off and sick time policies.
Microdesk is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top