Virtual Design & Construction Coordinator
About this opportunity
If you are a talented Architect, Engineer, or Construction Manager with BIM experience and a love for technology and are looking for a more consultative role, this position is a dream career. Working as part of our solutions consulting team, this is your chance to do strategic work with our award winning, industry leading clients while gaining valuable experience managing cutting edge technology implementations on a variety of projects. Take this opportunity to join a smart, driven, growth-oriented company where you will constantly be at the forefront of today’s latest design and technology trends working on cutting edge landmark projects around the world.
What’s great about a career with Microdesk?
With Microdesk, you are part of a team that is delivering solutions to improve the entire project delivery process, from planning and design, through construction to operations and maintenance. We combine vision with the latest tools and the talent of individuals from every corner of the industry to bring our clients’ projects to life. A career with Microdesk is a rewarding way to contribute to a variety of projects that help our clients throughout the AEC industry to not only realize what is possible today, but also envision the future.
You will be a part of growing global team who are rapidly changing the AEC industry. We offer competitive salary package with excellent benefits as well as an opportunity to working with expanding dedicated and passionate team from around the world.
What kind of candidate are we looking for?
We are looking for candidates with architectural, design and construction related backgrounds and a strong technical knowledge of Autodesk BIM and other BIM design software. The candidate will provide technical support, consulting, training and implementation services. In-depth industry and software knowledge is required.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
· Facilitate collaboration between Contractor, Subcontractors and CM to meet project goals, support coordination, clash detection, validation of the model and the processes and implementation of best practices and CDE environment
· Development and maintenance of BIM Execution Plan and Employers Information Requirements
· Development, implementation and management of Contractor’s BIM processes as outlined in the BEP
· Act as Contractor’s primary point of contact for BIM related issues and correspondence
· Translate various digital file formats in order to create Multidisciplinary models for 3D coordination, 4D programme and clash detection
· Perform detailed Clash analysis of the Multidisciplinary Model during coordination/Clash analysis meeting
· Organize and chair BIM Coordination meetings and on-site BIM/model Review and Coordination meetings
· Prepare Quality Control and Clash reports
· Support management, coordination and exchange of subcontractor models
· Support coordination and preparation of Contractor BIM related submittals and deliverables
· Evaluate supply chain BIM and IT capabilities and identify training needs
· Assist in developing a plan for capturing as-built conditions in the models
· Working with client CDE to share models and project data
· Produce and maintain 4D Synchro and Navisworks timelines
· Communicate effectively with project team (contractor, subcontractors, consultants, specialist consultants, client) regarding project status and needs
· Assist in the validation of model-based project fabrication, installation and as-built models by subcontractors
· Provide training for and oversee the involvement of subcontractors
Required Skills & Experience
· Degree in Architectural, Engineering or Construction Management
· Minimum of 2 years of experience in the construction industry, preferably with a General Contractor or Subcontractor
· Knowledge and experience with BIM workflows on a construction project
· Knowledge of construction contracts and workflows including submittals and RFI processes
· Professional experience using Autodesk products including Revit, Navisworks Manage, and AutoCAD
· Experience as an active team member with BIM-based MEP coordination
The candidate should possess
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact professionally in a construction environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to understand project scopes, budgets and communicate risk
- Experience with challenging existing workflows and proposing alternatives
- Experience and proven skills hosting meetings and resolving conflicts
- Experience managing CAD/BIM based tasks and workflows
- Understanding of Level 2 BIM and BS/PAS 1192 suite of documents
Microdesk is an Equal Opportunity Employer
See Inside the Office of Microdesk
Microdesk’s mission is to assist Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Owner/Operators, and GIS firms in overcoming the challenges of implementing and utilizing design, construction, and geospatial technology. Microdesk is focused first and foremost on changing the world, one client at a time, through the design and construction process.
Back to top