Senior .Net Software Developer
Are you an expert .NET and C# developer who loves building high quality modern web and desktop applications? Are you interested in applying your passion for software craftsmanship as part of a diverse team of creative technology professionals? Take this opportunity to join a smart, driven, growth-oriented company who is at the forefront of developing and implementing innovative new technologies and methodologies that are taking building and infrastructure design and operations and maintenance to a whole new level.
Microdesk is seeking an experienced C #.NET Developer to join our Application Development team, creating new cutting-edge .NET solutions for our clients. The successful applicant could work remotely in the US or out of any of our 11 different office locations. Candidates must have excellent communication skills, be able to work independently as well as in a team, and have the ability to interact with clients in a professional manner.
Flexibility and a desire to learn and master new technologies is a must since each new project provides the opportunity to employ the most recent .NET programming techniques and technologies. Some travel to meet with clients and attend training and conferences may be required. Familiarity with engineering design tools (CAD, parametric modeling), 3D visualization, BIM, or GIS technologies is highly desirable.
What’s GREAT about a career with Microdesk?
Microdesk combines technology and business process consulting to help firms successfully plan, design, build and operate land and buildings. With Microdesk, you are part of a company that is delivering solutions to improve the entire project delivery process, from planning and design, to construction and operations & maintenance. We combine a strong vision with the latest tools and the talent of individuals from every corner of the industry to bring our clients’ projects to life. A career with Microdesk is a rewarding way to contribute to a variety of projects that help our clients throughout the AECO industry not only realize what is possible today, but also envision the future.
- Participate with minimal supervision in full development cycle: requirements, design, development, testing, implementation, and documentation
- Create both well-designed and maintainable code as well as 'down and dirty' proofs-of-concept in a timely manner
- Maintain an understanding of new and developing technologies and identify opportunities to leverage these to add value to our solutions
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written)
- University-level coursework in Computer Science or Engineering (university degree preferred)
- 5+ years of experience designing and implementing .NET applications in C#
- Project experience using the following software development technologies and practices
- NET MVC Framework
- Unit Testing / Integration Testing
- Inversion of Control (IoC) / Dependency Injection (Unity, Ninject, Castle, etc.)
- Relational database schema design (SQL Server, Oracle, etc.), intermediate to expert SQL, and basic database management
RECOMMENDED WORK TRAITS
- Ability to work effectively and independently with minimal supervision
- Great at running business meetings
- Adept at interacting with clients in a professional manner
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Proficiency in information gathering and technical discovery techniques
We offer an enriching environment where learning and growing technically becomes part of your career. Microdesk is dedicated to fostering the professional growth and development of our employees.
Microdesk offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, including:
- Cigna Medical with company funded HRA and HSA
- Cigna Dental and Vision
- Flexible Spending Account
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Company paid STD and LTD insurance
- 401K and Profit Sharing Plan with generous 30% match
- Generous Paid Time Off and sick time policies
Microdesk is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
See Inside the Office of Microdesk
Microdesk’s mission is to assist Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Owner/Operators, and GIS firms in overcoming the challenges of implementing and utilizing design, construction, and geospatial technology. Microdesk is focused first and foremost on changing the world, one client at a time, through the design and construction process.
Back to top