MEP Engineer Technology Consultant
About this opportunity
If you are a talented MEP Engineer or designer with Autodesk Revit MEP (HVAC, Electrical and Plumbing) experience and a love for design and construction technology, and are looking for a more consultative role, this position is a dream career. Working as part of our solutions consulting team, this is your chance to do strategic work with our award winning, industry leading clients while gaining valuable experience as you manage cutting edge technology implementations on a variety of projects. Take this opportunity to join a smart, driven, growth-oriented company where you will constantly be at the forefront of today’s latest design and technology trends and working on landmark projects around the world.
What’s great about a career with Microdesk?
With Microdesk, you are part of a team that is delivering solutions to improve the entire project delivery process, from planning and design, through construction to operations and maintenance. We combine vision with the latest tools and the talent of individuals from every corner of the industry to bring our clients’ projects to life. A career with Microdesk is a rewarding way to contribute to a variety of projects that help our clients throughout the AEC industry to not only realize what is possible today, but also envision the future.
You will be a part of growing global team who are rapidly changing the AEC industry. We offer competitive salary package with excellent benefits as well as an opportunity to working with expanding dedicated and passionate team from around the world.
What kind of candidate are we looking for?
We are looking for candidates with MEP engineering and design-related backgrounds and a strong technical knowledge of Autodesk BIM MEP design software. The candidate will provide technical support, consulting, training and implementation services. In-depth industry and software knowledge is required.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Deliver consulting services, including training classes, project mentoring, production, and technical support to our clients
- Be able to demonstrate, map and integrate disparate AEC technologies to solve design workflow inefficiencies
- Support the success of the Microdesk sales team by providing technical presentations and recommending solutions
- Perform in-depth assessments to investigate, uncover and understand a customer's business issues
- Identify and propose options for improvement or resolution of customer issues and relate those solutions directly to the customers' business goals
- Deliver effective, professional product demonstrations to customers
- Develop technical proposals in conjunction with Business Development & Consulting Services for implementation of solutions
- Grow and maintain respected, long-term, trusted advisor relationships with customers and members of the Microdesk team involved with the opportunity
Required Skills & Experience
- Degree Engineering or related industry
- Professional registration (P.E.) and industry accreditations (LEED AP) preferred
- Demonstrated and recent direct experience with the process, workflow and use of Autodesk Revit MEP and analysis software from conceptual design through construction
- Understands the workflow between various members of the design team
Qualities the candidate should possess
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Superior presentation skills, business process analysis and listening skills
- Proficiency in information gathering and technical discovery techniques
- Strong teamwork / relationship management skills
- Ability to work within a fast-paced dynamic sales environment
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle may be required due to travel requirements of this role
Microdesk is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you think we are good match for your career apply online at Microdesk.com
See Inside the Office of Microdesk
Microdesk’s mission is to assist Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Owner/Operators, and GIS firms in overcoming the challenges of implementing and utilizing design, construction, and geospatial technology. Microdesk is focused first and foremost on changing the world, one client at a time, through the design and construction process.
Back to top