MEP Engineer Technology Consultant
About this opportunity
Did you go to college for Mechanical Engineering thinking you were going to help build large monumental buildings but ended up loving the technology more? Are you one that can’t wait to play with the newest version of the Revit software? Are you the one who want to see what’s being designed but rather show folks how to do things the easier way, utilizing the latest software? If you said yes to these questions then this is the place to be! Working as part of our solutions consulting team, this is your chance to do strategic work with our industry-leading clients and gain valuable experience as you manage cutting edge implementations of design and construction technology on a variety of projects. Take this opportunity to join a smart, driven, growth-oriented company where you will constantly be at the forefront of today’s latest design and technology trends!
What’s GREAT about a career with Microdesk?
Microdesk combines technology and business process consulting to help firms successfully plan, design, build and operate land and buildings. With Microdesk, you are part of a company that is delivering solutions to improve the entire project delivery process, from planning and design, to construction and operations & maintenance. . We combine a strong vision with the latest tools and the talent of individuals from every corner of the industry to bring our clients’ projects to life. A career with Microdesk is a rewarding way to contribute to a variety of projects that help our clients throughout the AECO industry not only realize what is possible today, but also envision the future.
What Kind of Candidate are we looking for?
We are looking for candidates with Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing design and construction related backgrounds and a strong technical knowledge of Autodesk and other Design software, especially Autodesk Revit MEP. The candidate will provide Consulting, Training, Technical Support and Implementation Services using these and other products. In-depth industry and software knowledge is a must.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the success of the Microdesk sales team by providing technical presentations and recommending solutions
- Perform in-depth assessments to investigate, uncover and understand a customer's business issues
- Be able to demonstrate, map / integrate disparate AEC technologies to solve design workflow inefficiencies
- Identify and propose options for improvement or resolution of customer issues and relate those solutions directly to the customer' business goals/issues
- Develop technical proposals in conjunction with Business Development & Consulting Services for implementation of solutions
- Deliver effective, professional online product demonstrations to customers
- Provide Technical Support to help customers thru technical issues
- Deliver training at one of our Autodesk Training Centers (ATC)
- Grow and maintain respected, long-term, trusted advisor relationships with customers and members of the Microdesk team involved with the opportunity
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or related industry preferred but not required
- Professional registration (P.E., P.L.S., etc.) and industry accreditations (LEED AP, GISP) preferred but not required.
- Must have demonstrated and current direct experience with the process, workflow and use of Autodesk Revit MEP and analysis software from conceptual design through construction Understands the workflow between various members of the design team.
The candidate should possess:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Superior presentation skills, business process analysis and listening skills
- Proficiency in information gathering and technical discovery techniques
- Strong teamwork / relationship management skills
- Ability to work within a fast-paced dynamic sales environment
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required.
We offer a fast paced, dynamic environment where learning and growing technically becomes part of your career. Microdesk is dedicated to fostering the professional growth and development of our employees. Microdesk offers aggressive pay packages that include:
- Top salaries and Comprehensive Benefits Package including:
- Cigna Medical with company funded HRA and HSA,
- Cigna Dental and Vision
- Flexible Spending Account
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Company paid STD and LTD insurance
- 401K and Profit Sharing Plan with generous 25% match
- Generous Paid Time Off, Holiday and Sick time.
Microdesk is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you think we are good match for your career apply online at Microdesk.com
See Inside the Office of Microdesk
Microdesk’s mission is to assist Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Owner/Operators, and GIS firms in overcoming the challenges of implementing and utilizing design, construction, and geospatial technology. Microdesk is focused first and foremost on changing the world, one client at a time, through the design and construction process.
Back to top