Construction Services Specialist
Are you an expert with BIM and how it supports construction projects? Are you interested in applying your knowledge to a consultative role with major high profile clients? Take this opportunity to join a smart, driven, growth-oriented company who is at the forefront of developing and implementing innovative new technologies and methodologies that are taking building and infrastructure design and operations and maintenance to a whole new level.
Microdesk is seeking a Construction Services Specialist to join our team. You will provide strategic support to our industry-leading clients by assisting them with implementing advanced construction solutions to help meet their project BIM goals.
What’s GREAT about a career with Microdesk?
Microdesk combines technology and business process consulting to help firms successfully plan, design, build and operate land and buildings. With Microdesk, you are part of a company that is delivering solutions to improve the entire project delivery process, from planning and design, to construction and operations & maintenance. We combine a strong vision with the latest tools and the talent of individuals from every corner of the industry to bring our clients’ projects to life. A career with Microdesk is a rewarding way to contribute to a variety of projects that help our clients throughout the AECO industry not only realize what is possible today, but also envision the future.
- Deliver and manage consulting engagements with construction industry clients on major projects throughout the NYC area
- Develop and maintain project BIM Execution Plans
- Develop, implement and manage Contractor’s BIM processes.
- Facilitate collaboration between the contractor, subcontractors and construction manager.
- Act as contractor’s primary point of contact for all BIM related issues and correspondence.
- Manage 3D coordination/clash analysis meetings
- Prepare quality control and clash reports.
- Manage coordination and exchange of subcontractor models
- Manage coordination and preparation of contractor’s BIM related submittals and deliverables
- Identify and propose options for improvement or resolution of customer issues and relate those solutions directly to the customer's business goals / issues
- Provide feedback to Director and Sr. Consultants on additional opportunities
- Grow and maintain respected, long-term, trusted advisor relationships with customers and other members of the Microdesk team involved with the engagement
- Educate construction industry clients on the latest BIM and technology processes
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a field such as Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management-
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the construction industry, preferably with a General Contractor or Subcontractor
- Knowledge and experience with BIM workflows on a construction project
- Knowledge of construction contracts and workflows including submittals and RFI processes
- Professional experience using Autodesk products including the Revit Suite, Navisworks Manage, and AutoCAD
- Experience as an active team member with BIM-based MEP coordination
RECOMMENDED WORK TRAITS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact professionally in a construction environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to understand project scopes, budgets and communicate risk
- Experience with challenging existing workflows and proposing alternatives
- Experience and proven skills hosting meetings and resolving conflicts
- Experience managing CAD/BIM based tasks and workflows
We offer an enriching environment where learning and growing technically becomes part of your career. Microdesk is dedicated to fostering the professional growth and development of our employees.
Microdesk offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, including:
- Cigna Medical with company funded HRA and HSA
- Cigna Dental and Vision
- Flexible Spending Account
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Company paid STD and LTD insurance
- 401K and Profit Sharing Plan with generous 30% match
- Generous Paid Time Off and sick time policies
Microdesk is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
See Inside the Office of Microdesk
Microdesk’s mission is to assist Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Owner/Operators, and GIS firms in overcoming the challenges of implementing and utilizing design, construction, and geospatial technology. Microdesk is focused first and foremost on changing the world, one client at a time, through the design and construction process.
Back to top