Civil Engineering Technology Consultant
Microdesk combines technology and business process consulting to help firms successfully plan, design, build and operate land and buildings. With Microdesk, you are part of a company that supports the life-cycle of the design process from planning through operating and managing.
Solutions Specialist – Civil Engineering
A Solutions Specialist is responsible for leading all technical aspects of pre sales and post sales activities. The Solutions Specialist uses in-depth industry and software knowledge to uncover customer business issues and suggest improvements, thus earning status as a trusted advisor with the customer. The Solution Specialist meets with individuals at all levels within the customer, from executives to end users in order to understand business issues and discuss solutions while evaluating areas of opportunity for expanded implementation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the success of the Microdesk sales team by providing technical presentations, recommending solution offerings and marketing messaging
- Deliver online webinars to customers
- Perform in-depth assessments to investigate, uncover and understand a customer's business issues
- Engage in strategic account planning with the sales representative throughout the sales process
- Grow and maintain respected, long-term, trusted advisor relationships with customers and members of the Microdesk sales force involved with the opportunity
- Be able to demonstrate, map / integrate disparate AEC technologies to solve design workflow inefficiencies
- Present proposed technical solution(s) and relate them to the customer's business issues
- Identify and propose options for improvement or resolution of customer issues and relate those solutions directly to the customer' business goals/issues
- Provide Technical Support to help customers thru technical issues
- Develop technical proposals in conjunction with Sales & Consulting Services for implementation of solutions
- Deliver training at one of our Autodesk Training Centers (ATC) in our NY/PA/DC or other office locations.
- Establish metrics for quantifying the customer's return on investment and justification for solution investment
- Perform analysis and lead discovery of adjacent opportunities
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or related industry - professional registration (P.E., etc.) and industry accreditations (LEED AP) preferred but not required.
- At least 3 years of practical experience in the AEC industry within one or more of the following areas:
- Direct experience with the process, workflow and use of AutoCAD Civil 3D and related technologies from conceptual design thru construction of complex engineering projects
- Knowledge of Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) and other modern contractual delivery systems
- Proven successful implementations of BIM platform technologies within a Civil Engineering firm
- Understands the workflow between various members of the design team.
The candidate should possess:
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills
- Superior presentation skills, business process analysis and listening skills
- Requirements gathering and technical discovery proficiency
- Strong teamwork / relationship management skills
- Ability to work within dynamic sales environment
- Works independently, remotely and can manage multiple priorities
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Comfort in front of small and large audiences
- Comfort speaking at Executive level
- Sales methodology or technical sales experience a plus
- Ability to travel up to 50%
We offer a fast paced, dynamic environment where learning and growing technically becomes part of your career. Microdesk is dedicated to fostering the professional growth and development of our employees. Microdesk offers aggressive pay packages that include:
- Top salaries and Comprehensive Benefits Package including:
- Cigna Medical with company funded HRA and HSA,
- Cigna Dental and Vision
- Flexible Spending Account
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Company paid STD and LTD insurance
- 401K and Profit Sharing Plan with generous 30% match
- Generous Paid Time Off, Holiday and Sick time.
Microdesk is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
See Inside the Office of Microdesk
Microdesk’s mission is to assist Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Owner/Operators, and GIS firms in overcoming the challenges of implementing and utilizing design, construction, and geospatial technology. Microdesk is focused first and foremost on changing the world, one client at a time, through the design and construction process.
Back to top