Business Development Manager
About this opportunity:
If you are a top sales performer with a love for technology and a consultative selling process, this position is a dream career. Working as part of the sales team in conjunction with our solutions consulting team, this is your chance to do strategic work with our clients and gain valuable experience as you sell cutting edge software and deliver to our clients the full spectrum of benefits from Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Virtual Design and Construction (VD&C) technology and consulting services. Take this opportunity to join a smart, driven, growth-oriented company where you will constantly be on the forefront of today’s latest design and technology trends!
Our customers love us and you will be the anchor of our relationship with them. Owning a geographic region, you will be the consistent point of contact the customer can rely on. We operate in a rapidly evolving industry, and Microdesk is a fast-paced, upbeat environment. If you are passionate about sales, fanatical about details, a relentless problem solver with excellent written and phone communication skills, we should connect now.
What Kind of Candidate are we looking for?
Are you a HUNTER? Have the drive to sell anything? Are you hungry for money and willing to put in the time and effort to get the sales? Have proven solution or consultative selling techniques? Then this is the place for you.
Candidates experienced in software, finance or technology sales with a strong knowledge of the architecture, engineering, construction and owner / operator industry preferred. Candidates should have prior experience in sales leadership.
The Business Development Manager should be comfortable meeting with individuals at all levels within the clients’ business, from executives to end users, in order to understand business issues and discuss solutions while evaluating areas of opportunity for expanded implementation to create sales.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop and execute an annual territory sales plan to achieve quota and new customer acquisition goals.
· Continually identify new prospective customers via requesting referrals and performing online research via industry related websites and sites
· Engage in strategic account planning throughout the sales process
· Present proposed technical solution(s) and relate them to the customer's business issues
· Establish metrics for quantifying the customer's return on investment and justification for solution investment
· Perform analysis and lead discovery of adjacent opportunities
· Effectively leveraging Customer Relationship Management (CRMs) tools, lead management systems, and estimator tools
· Proactively communicate and collaborate with technical staff and other key departments and develop effective processes for working together to maximize sales productivity
· Coordinate customer visits, set agendas, and determine customer’s goals.
· Identify and proactively participate in Autodesk user groups and other associations or industry meetings.
· Grow and maintain respected, long-term, trusted advisor relationships with customers and members of the Microdesk team involved with the opportunity
Required Skills & Experience:
· 3+ year track record of success selling software and consulting services
· Experience managing a sales territory to develop new customer business
· Associates Degree in Business or related experience
· Sales leadership experience preferred
The candidate should possess:
· Excellent oral and written communication skills,
· Excellent organizational and time management skills,
· Prior experience in a sales leadership role,
· Skilled in leveraging CRM, lead management and other technical resources,
· Superior presentation skills, business process analysis and listening skills,
· Proficiency in client requirements gathering and technical discovery,
· Strong teamwork / relationship management skills,
· Ability to work within dynamic sales environment,
· A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required.
We offer a fast paced, dynamic environment where learning and growing technically becomes part of your career. Microdesk is dedicated to fostering the professional growth and development of our employees.
Microdesk offers highly competitive and salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including Cigna Medical with company funded HRA, Principal Dental and Flexible Spending Account, company paid life insurance and STD and LTD insurance, 401K and Profit Sharing Plan with 30% match, generous Paid Time Off and sick time policies.
Microdesk is an Equal Opportunity Employer
See Inside the Office of Microdesk
Microdesk’s mission is to assist Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Owner/Operators, and GIS firms in overcoming the challenges of implementing and utilizing design, construction, and geospatial technology. Microdesk is focused first and foremost on changing the world, one client at a time, through the design and construction process.
Back to top