Are you a professional service manager with BIM experience ready to join a cutting edge AEC team? Microdesk is searching for an architect, engineer or construction manager with BIM project management experience who will be responsible for providing BIM technology leadership for a high profile electrical engineering and construction company in the Columbus area.
This candidate will manage the customer relationship and oversee a team of technical staff and be responsible for providing top notch production leadership, technical support, documentation, training and development services. There will also be the future opportunity to support additional clients, ranging from government to commercial to institutional organizations.
What’s GREAT about a career with Microdesk?
Microdesk combines technology and business process consulting to help firms successfully plan, design, build and operate land and buildings. With Microdesk, you are part of a company that is delivering solutions to improve the entire project delivery process, from planning and design, to construction and operations & maintenance. We combine vision with the latest tools and the talent of individuals from every corner of the industry to bring our clients’ projects to life. A career with Microdesk is a rewarding way to contribute to a variety of projects that help our clients throughout the AECO industry not only realize what is possible today, but also envision the future.
- Work with Regional Directors and Sr. Consultants to define Scope of Work
- Create initial project setup with workflow documents
- Define and communicate project goals and milestones
- Facilitate project kick-off meetings and follow-up activities
- Work as part of a project team to achieve consistent results
- Define and monitor a quality control programs
- Provide over-the-shoulder training, developing and shadowing to staff
- Work with all disciplines vendors on content download and updates to Microdesk Standards
- Facilitate integration of BIM technology with other applications (i.e, Construction, Cost Estimation, etc.)
- Monitor the overall project budget
- Provide feedback to Director and Sr. Consultants on additional opportunities and support developing business proposals for future project work
- Must have an Architectural or Engineering Degree
- Strong Autocad 3D and Autocad MEP, electrical specific MEP modeling and drafting skills preferred
- AUTOCAD 3D modelling of steel skids, fittings, conduits, etc.
- Some tedious but simple detailing work like dimension pulling, BOM extraction, etc.
- QA/QC job for shop drawings.
- Simple clash detection work in Naviswork
- Professional registration (PE, RA, AIA, PMP, etc) and industry accreditations (LEED AP, GISP) preferred
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a professional environment
- A minimum of 4 years of professional experience using and supporting Autodesk products, including Revit Architecture, Revit MEP, Revit Structure, Civil 3D, AutoCAD and / or Navisworks
- Working knowledge of design industry workflows and production cycles
- Working knowledge of project management software
RECOMMENDED WORK TRAITS
- Adept at interacting with clients in a professional manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great at running business meetings
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Eager to support staff with a positive attitude, passion and patience
- Ability to uphold the use of standards and escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Ability to understand project scopes, budgets and communicate risk
- Adept at exploring new technology and evaluating the impact of an existing workflow
- Experience with challenging existing workflows and proposing alternatives that relate to ROI
- Experience with multiple BIM / CAD project management tasks / roles, including training and support mentor, project team member and strategic leader
We offer an enriching environment where learning and growing technically becomes part of your career. Microdesk is dedicated to fostering the professional growth and development of our employees.
Microdesk offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, including:
- Cigna Medical with company funded HRA and HSA
- Cigna Dental and Vision
- Flexible Spending Account
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Company paid STD and LTD insurance
- 401K and Profit Sharing Plan with generous 30% match
- Generous Paid Time Off and sick time policies
Microdesk is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
See Inside the Office of Microdesk
Microdesk’s mission is to assist Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Owner/Operators, and GIS firms in overcoming the challenges of implementing and utilizing design, construction, and geospatial technology. Microdesk is focused first and foremost on changing the world, one client at a time, through the design and construction process.
Back to top