Architectural Technology Consultant
Are you an architect, engineering design, or construction manager who knows Autodesk and other building design software inside-out? Are you interested in applying your knowledge to a more consultative role? Take this opportunity to join a smart, driven, growth-oriented company where you will constantly be at the forefront of today’s latest design and technology trends!
Working as part of our solutions consulting team, this is your chance to do strategic work with our industry-leading clients and gain valuable experience as you manage cutting edge implementations of design and construction technology on a variety of projects.
What’s GREAT about a career with Microdesk?
Microdesk combines technology and business process consulting to help firms successfully plan, design, build and operate land and buildings. With Microdesk, you are part of a company that is delivering solutions to improve the entire project delivery process, from planning and design, to construction and operations & maintenance. In other words, you’re joining a team that is dedicated to helping our clients leverage technology in innovative ways to build a better world.
• Support the success of the Microdesk sales team by providing technical presentations and educational sessions on industry trends
• Perform in-depth assessments to investigate, uncover and understand a customer's business issues
• Be able to demonstrate, map / integrate disparate AEC technologies to solve design workflow inefficiencies
• Identify and propose options for improvement or resolution of customer issues and relate those solutions directly to the customer's business goals / issues
• Deliver engaging, professional online product demonstrations to customers
• Develop technical proposals for implementation of solutions in conjunction with Business Development & Consulting Services teams
• Deliver and manage consulting engagements
• Deliver training classes at one of our Autodesk Training Centers (ATC) or at client sites
• Provide Technical Support to help customers with technical issues
• Provide feedback and recommendations post service delivery
• Grow and maintain respected, long-term, trusted advisor relationships with customers and other members of the Microdesk team involved with the engagement
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, or other Engineering or related industry degree preferred but not required
• Professional registration (AIA, RA, etc.) and industry accreditations (LEED AP, GISP) preferred but not required
• Must have current direct experience with the process, workflow and use of Autodesk BIM design solutions, especially Revit and AutoCAD
• Must understand the workflow between various members of the design team
• Must have direct experience with architectural design methods related to building planning, design and construction
RECOMMENDED WORK TRAITS
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Proficiency in information gathering and technical discovery techniques
• Ability to work within a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple clients / projects at the same time
• Enjoys traveling and is comfortable with flexible working situations
• A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
We offer a fast paced, dynamic environment where learning and growing technically becomes part of your career. Microdesk is dedicated to fostering the professional growth and development of our employees.
Microdesk offers highly competitive and salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including Cigna Medical with company funded HRA, Principal Dental and Flexible Spending Account, company paid life insurance and STD and LTD insurance, 401K and Profit Sharing Plan with 30% match, generous Paid Time Off and sick time policies.
Microdesk is an Equal Opportunity Employer
See Inside the Office of Microdesk
Microdesk’s mission is to assist Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Owner/Operators, and GIS firms in overcoming the challenges of implementing and utilizing design, construction, and geospatial technology. Microdesk is focused first and foremost on changing the world, one client at a time, through the design and construction process.
Back to top