AEC Sr. Technical Consultant
Are you an expert in BIM technology and how it supports the project delivery process? Are you interested in applying your knowledge to consultative role with major high profile clients? Take this opportunity to join a smart, driven, growth-oriented company who is at the forefront of developing and implementing innovative new technologies and methodologies that are taking building, infrastructure design and operations & maintenance to a whole new level.
Microdesk is seeking an AEC Senior Technical Consultant who has a deep understanding of the AEC Industry and latest technologies and processes, including Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Virtual Design & Construction (VD&C), to join our team. You will be heavily focused on pre-sales and responsible for collaborating with the Sales Team to uncover opportunities with existing and new clients. You will also educate the Sales and Consulting teams about new technologies and offerings.
What’s GREAT about a career with Microdesk?
Microdesk combines technology and business process consulting to help firms successfully plan, design, build and operate land and buildings. With Microdesk, you are part of a company that is delivering solutions to improve the entire project delivery process, from planning and design, to construction and operations & maintenance. In other words, you’re joining a team that is dedicated to helping our clients leverage technology in innovative ways to build a better world.
- Work hand-in-glove with the sales team to assist with client meetings, identifying business opportunities, crafting proposals, and account strategy
- Conduct client assessments, identify proposed options for improvement or resolution of customer issues, and relate those solutions directly to the customer's business goals / issues
- Grow and maintain respected, long-term, trusted advisor relationships with customers and other members of the Microdesk team involved with the engagement Assist Consulting Directors with managing local Consulting Services pipeline and forecasting future opportunities
- Assist Sales and Client Services Teams with coordinating and managing scheduling of services
- Maintain current working knowledge of the traditional and non-traditional AEC technologies and educate Technical Consultants and Salespeople on key features, benefits, and sales plays
- Collaborate with Technical Consultants throughout consulting engagements to uncover additional opportunities
- Provide Project Management oversight for services engagements
- Conduct follow up and post-service delivery assessments with clients
- Participate in industry events and identify opportunities to build strategic relationships with key organizations
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a field such as Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management
- Professional registrations and/or industry accreditations (i.e. AIA, LEED, PE, BIM-CM) a plus
- Minimum of 5 -8 years of experience in the AEC industry
- Knowledge and experience with BIM workflows, use of BIM, and infrastructure analysis software of complex projects
- Professional experience using Autodesk products including the Revit Suite, Navisworks Manage, and AutoCAD
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
Recommended Work Traits
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact professionally with clients and colleagues
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency in information gathering and technical discovery techniques
- Ability to understand project scopes, budgets and communicate risk
- Experience with challenging existing workflows and proposing alternatives
- Experience and proven skills hosting meetings
- Ability to work within a fast-paced dynamic sales environment
We offer an enriching environment where learning and growing technically becomes part of your career. Microdesk is dedicated to fostering the professional growth and development of our employees.
Microdesk offers highly competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including Aetna Medical with company funded HRA or HSA, Ameritas Dental, EyeMed Vision, Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts and Commuter Spending Account options, company paid Life, STD and LTD insurances, 401K and Profit Sharing Plan with 30% match and generous paid time off and sick time policies.
Microdesk is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
See Inside the Office of Microdesk
Microdesk’s mission is to assist Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Owner/Operators, and GIS firms in overcoming the challenges of implementing and utilizing design, construction, and geospatial technology. Microdesk is focused first and foremost on changing the world, one client at a time, through the design and construction process.
Back to top