Senior Project Engineer
Michelman is a global developer and manufacturer of environmentally friendly advanced materials for industry, offering solutions for the coatings, printing & packaging and industrial manufacturing markets. The company's surface modifiers, additives and polymers are used by leading manufacturers around the world to improve performance attributes and contribute in applications including wood and floor care products, metal and industrial coatings, paints, varnishes, inks, fibers and composites. Michelman is also well-known as an innovator in the development of barrier and functional coatings, as well as digital printing press primers that are used in the production of consumer and industrial packaging and paper products, labels, and commercially printed materials. Michelman serves its customers with production facilities in North America, Europe and Asia, product development and technical service centers in several major global markets, and a worldwide team of highly trained business development personnel.
You will lead global capital projects and/or corporate initiatives in our various regions. You will coordinate these projects with regional teams and drive global standards in our equipment and facilities. You will also be responsible for providing the facilities with a proper and safe environment and expand our global footprint to support a fast growing Michelman business. This will include expanding the facilities and building new infrastructure in new countries for our business.
- Project Manager for multiple projects at existing Michelman facilities in Singapore, India, Belgium, Germany, and new future locations
- Lead new manufacturing capacity, facility build out, and other projects that are beyond the regional team's capacity to handle
- Evaluate potential production partners that can support Michelman requirements either to augment our own capabilities or to provide/develop capabilities that we choose not to maintain in-house. Set up these manufacturing partners to ensure the delivery of quality product on a timely basis
- Provide support to executive team in key acquisitions and or expansion projects
- Follow and live all applicable corporate EHS standards
- Live our Values & Behaviors
- Collaborate effectively within a highly matrixed global environment
- Perform related duties as assigned or as the situation instructs
You might be a fit if you have the following
- Ability to work independently, be a driver of projects and to work harmoniously with teams
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to use resources internal and external to the firm
- Ability to successfully influence multi-functional teams and all levels of associates
- Extraordinary oral and written communication
Education and Experience
- Bachelors of Science in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering with Supply Chain Operations experience
- 5+ years relevant experience in a chemical or process manufacturing organization
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not construed to be a comprehensive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the job. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
We are proud of our unique work environment. We pride ourselves in our dedication to our values of integrity, respect, success, curiosity, collaboration and giving. We try to live these values each and every single day and inspire our team members to do the same. Our environment supports and welcomes the respectful sharing of ideas and different opinions, challenging the "status quo" and taking ownership of solving business challenges. You will have a rigorous onboarding experience with a continued dedication to technical and professional development. We offer an excellent salary, incentive and benefits package in a dynamic, empowered team environment.
Michelman does not employ individuals who use tobacco products. You will receive a drug test prior to beginning employment which will include a test for tobacco products.
It is Michelman, Inc. policy to seek and employ qualified persons in all jobs in a manner which will ensure equal employment opportunity as well as administer personnel actions in a manner as to not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation or disability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Michelman is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Meet Some of Michelman's Employees
Quality Assurance Engineer, Quality Department
Kyle works on process optimization for Michelman’s emulsified chemistries, from polypropylene legacy products for the composite industry to engineered wood release technologies.
Back to top