Michelman is a global developer and manufacturer of environmentally friendly advanced materials for industry, offering solutions for the coatings, printing & packaging and industrial manufacturing markets. The company's surface modifiers, additives and polymers are used by leading manufacturers around the world to enhance performance attributes and add value in applications including wood and floor care products, metal and industrial coatings, paints, varnishes, inks, fibers and composites. Michelman is also well-known as an innovator in the development of barrier and functional coatings, as well as digital printing press primers that are used in the production of consumer and industrial packaging and paper products, labels, and commercially printed materials. Michelman serves its customers with production facilities in North America, Europe and Asia, product development and technical service centers in several major global markets, and a worldwide team of highly trained business development personnel.
Implement and manage the 5Ps of the Marketing mix including existing business and new launches. Drive increased profitability for the Americas Region through setting and managing pricing consistent with global standards, define and implement regional product portfolio, execute trade shows and gather strategic intelligence. This position will report directly to the Vice President & Managing Director of the Americas Region.
- Set pricing strategy; Manage pricing of products include review of discounts or price points. Execute upon pricing strategy.
- Manage product portfolio including analyzing product categories to optimize profitability.
- Manage entire life cycle of products from cradle to grave.
- Manage product launches from new product development to new product introduction within Region.
- Understand competitors and competitive landscape, by product line. Use market intelligence to support regional sales and marketing decisions.
- Monitor market trends and share data with organization.
- Develop and maintain intimate understanding of customer base and potential beta customers.
- Work closely with sales team to understand specific customer industries and needs and to provide supportive market data.
- Manage Voice of Customer initiatives in the Region.
- Live our Values & Behaviors
- Collaborate with Business Groups who will provide important definition for strategic segments around value propositions, industry structure analyses etc.
- Perform related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates
Critical Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Analyze data or situations; identify trends or patterns
- Think critically and have a holistic approach
- Develop creative solutions to problems
- Lead projects
- Collaborate in a highly matrixed environment
- Work independently, without direction
- Sense of urgency
- Technically savvy – well developed technical skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or related discipline. 7-10 years' experience in a market data driven role required. Experience in the specialty chemical industry preferred. Experience leading projects is required and demonstrated mastery is preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- May be required to sit for extended periods of time.
- Up to 30% travel may be required.
We are proud of our unique work environment. We pride ourselves in our commitment to our values of integrity, respect, success, curiosity, collaboration and giving. We try to live these values each and every day and encourage our team members to do the same. Our environment encourages and embraces the respectful sharing of ideas and different opinions, challenging the "status quo" and taking ownership of solving business challenges. Selected candidate will have a rigorous onboarding experience with a continued commitment to technical and professional development. We offer an excellent salary, incentive and benefits package in a progressive, empowered team environment.
No phone calls please. Michelman does not hire individuals who use tobacco products. All candidates will receive a drug test prior to beginning employment which will include a test for tobacco products.
For more information about Michelman, please visit www.michelman.com
Michelman is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Meet Some of Michelman's Employees
Quality Assurance Engineer, Quality Department
Kyle works on process optimization for Michelman’s emulsified chemistries, from polypropylene legacy products for the composite industry to engineered wood release technologies.
Back to top