Human Resources Generalist
Michelman is a global developer and manufacturer of environmentally friendly advanced materials for industry, offering solutions for the coatings, printing & packaging and industrial manufacturing markets. The company's surface modifiers, additives and polymers are used by leading manufacturers around the world to enhance performance attributes and add value in applications including wood and floor care products, metal and industrial coatings, paints, varnishes, inks, fibers and composites. Michelman is also well-known as an innovator in the development of barrier and functional coatings, as well as digital printing press primers that are used in the production of consumer and industrial packaging and paper products, labels, and commercially printed materials. Michelman serves its customers with production facilities in North America, Europe and Asia, product development and technical service centers in several major global markets, and a worldwide team of highly trained business development personnel.
We have a great opportunity available for a Human Resources Generalist to join Michelman that will be located in our Blue Ash, Ohio Headquarters.
You will be a key contributor to the Human Resources team to assist with HR data analytics, associate experience, and coordinating several activities of Human Resources including talent acquisition, benefits, onboarding, associate engagement, HR master data, among others. You will play an integral part within the department by assisting in the streamlining of systems and processes. You will also be involved in some global HR activities, as well. You will be exposed to many areas of Human Resources and will have the opportunity to develop your knowledge and experience beyond administrative tasks. By doing this, you may have the opportunity to grow your career within Michelman that matches your skills and interests.
- Manage the data of HR including HRIS system and our Applicant Tracking System (Newton)
- Conduct audits to ensure all HR data is accurate
- Generate reports for the HR team and provide analysis
- Support benefits and payroll administration
- Conducting phone screens and onsite interviews
- Compose offer letters and any additional paperwork that must be provided to the candidate
- Support the overall Human Resources team with special projects and tasks
- Proactively provide support to associates and respond to inquiries when needed
- Able to assist in the development of HR processes
- Assist in the training coordination of new hires
- Manage and renew job postings for open positions
- Willing to take on tasks outside of realm of responsibilities in order to make the HR team more effective
You might be a fit for this role if you possesses the following skills and abilities
- High attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Dependable and demonstrates strong time management
- Able to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Open to new tasks, new challenges, and willing to do whatever it takes to get the task completed
- Professional and excellent customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization
- Strong desire to grow skills and willingness to learn
- Demonstrate the Michelman Values of Integrity, Respect, Success, Collaboration, Curiosity, and Giving
Education and Experience
- 1-2 years' experience within Human Resources
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or Organizational Leadership
Michelman is proud of the values focused work environment that we have crafted. We pride ourselves in our focus on our values of integrity, respect and success. With our dedication to your technical and professional growth in addition to our rigorous onboarding experience, we guarantee you will find yourself challenged in new ways. We offer an excellent salary, incentive and benefits package in a dynamic, empowered team environment.
No phone calls please. Michelman does not hire individuals who use tobacco products. You will receive a drug test prior to beginning employment which will include a test for tobacco products.
Michelman is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Meet Some of Michelman's Employees
Quality Assurance Engineer, Quality Department
Kyle works on process optimization for Michelman’s emulsified chemistries, from polypropylene legacy products for the composite industry to engineered wood release technologies.
Back to top