Human Resources Assistant
Michelman is a global developer and manufacturer of environmentally friendly advanced materials for industry, offering solutions for the coatings, printing & packaging and industrial manufacturing markets. The company's surface modifiers, additives and polymers are used by leading manufacturers around the world to enhance performance attributes and add value in applications including wood and floor care products, metal and industrial coatings, paints, varnishes, inks, fibers and composites. Michelman is also well-known as an innovator in the development of barrier and functional coatings, as well as digital printing press primers that are used in the production of consumer and industrial packaging and paper products, labels, and commercially printed materials. Michelman serves its customers with production facilities in North America, Europe and Asia, product development and technical service centers in several major global markets, and a worldwide team of highly trained business development personnel.
We have a great opportunity available for a Human Resources Assistant to join Michelman. This is a customer facing position that will be located in our Blue Ash, Ohio Global Headquarters.
You will be responsible for providing excellent customer service to all customers, associates, guests, and business partners. You will seek to understand customer needs and find the right person to resolve any matters that may arise in a timely manner. You will also assist other Human Resources associates with any needs they may have and assist in the organization and scheduling of our candidates that may come in to interview for an opportunity. You will serve as an integral part of the overall daily operations of the facility and work cross functionally across multiple departments. By doing this, you may have the opportunity to grow your career within Michelman that matches your skills and interests.
Customer and Guest Engagement
- Oversee our guest and customers first impression of the organization by greeting them enthusiastically and politely either in person or over the phone
- Ensure all guests are logged in and out, and provide a guest badge and administer the safety orientation
- Coordinator of any internal or community events for the organization
- Maintain the master calendar of events, birthdays, anniversaries, awards, and any other important events associates need to be aware of
- Main point of contact for the company store and telephone service
- Manage the Michelman Instanet and main point of contact for new content
- Manage all job postings for the website and external sites
- Assemble new hire onboarding binders and interview packets
- Oversee the scheduling of interviews for candidates and hiring managers
- Coordinate the scheduling of onboarding for new hires
- Submit applications for all background checks and drug screens and communicate the results
- Coordinate with out of town candidates to ensure they are reimbursed for expenses accrued during interview process
- Manage and assign projects for the high school internship program
You might be a fit for this role if you possesses the following skills and abilities
- High attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Dependable and demonstrates strong time management
- Professional and excellent customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization and to guests and customers
- Demonstrate the Michelman Values of Integrity, Respect, Success, Collaboration, Curiosity, and Giving
Bachelor's degree required
Michelman is proud of the values focused work environment that we have crafted. We pride ourselves in our focus on our values of integrity, respect and success. With our dedication to your technical and professional growth in addition to our rigorous onboarding experience, we guarantee you will find yourself challenged in new ways. We offer an excellent salary, incentive and benefits package in a dynamic, empowered team environment.
No phone calls please. Michelman does not hire individuals who use tobacco products. You will receive a drug test prior to beginning employment which will include a test for tobacco products.
Michelman is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Meet Some of Michelman's Employees
Quality Assurance Engineer, Quality Department
Kyle works on process optimization for Michelman’s emulsified chemistries, from polypropylene legacy products for the composite industry to engineered wood release technologies.
Back to top