Graphic Design Internship - Spring 2018
Michelman is offering a paid internship as a Graphic Designer in the Cincinnati office. If you're interested
in a future career in design and want to gain some real-world experience working on a variety of print,
digital, and environmental projects, we'd like to hear from you. Start/end dates and work schedule are
flexible based on your needs.
- Work under the direction of the User Experience Manager.
- Create and update brochures, sell sheets, and other printed literature.
- Create and update tabletop displays and pop-up banners for trade events.
- Design motion graphics, titles, and other elements for slide decks and videos.
- Design landing pages for responsive, multilingual web sites.
- Design infographics for social media and email.
- Update and expand living styleguide and UI pattern libraries.
- Collaborate with members of a cross-functional marketing team to develop content and campaigns.
- Test sites and apps in various web, tablet, and mobile browsers and report bugs.
- Strong design fundamentals and appreciation of design systems.
- Fluent in Adobe CS/CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) or similar (Affinity Photo, Designer).
- Basic knowledge of web standards and interaction design principles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and switch gears quickly in a fast-paced, corporate environment.
NOT REQUIRED, BUT HELPFUL
- Familiarity with Sketch, Figma, and other modern UI design tools.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Experience building a web site and/or working with a content management system.
- Fluency in multiple languages, especially German, French, or Chinese.
- Experience with motion graphics, kinetic type, and video editing.
Innovating a Sustainable Future with Expert Materials℠
As a global developer and manufacturer of environmentally friendly advanced materials for industry,
Michelman offers solutions for the coatings, printing & packaging, and industrial manufacturing markets.
Motivated by unwavering values, and ingrained with a passion for environmentally conscious innovation,
we help companies around the globe establish and achieve their product development goals. With
access to Michelman's expert materials resources — a compelling combination of world-class talent and
specialty chemistries — our customers are excelling in the diverse range of markets they serve with
sustainable and responsible solutions. For more information, visit michelman.com.
Michelman does not hire individuals who use tobacco products. All candidates will receive a drug test prior to beginning employment
which will include a test for tobacco products. Michelman is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Meet Some of Michelman's Employees
Quality Assurance Engineer, Quality Department
Kyle works on process optimization for Michelman’s emulsified chemistries, from polypropylene legacy products for the composite industry to engineered wood release technologies.
Back to top