Global Marketing Director, Printing & Packaging
Michelman is a global developer and manufacturer of environmentally friendly advanced materials for industry, offering solutions for the coatings, printing & packaging and industrial manufacturing markets. The companyâ€™s surface modifiers, additives and polymers are used by leading manufacturers around the world to enhance performance attributes and add value in applications including wood and floor care products, metal and industrial coatings, paints, varnishes, inks, fibers and composites. Michelman is also well-known as an innovator in the development of barrier and functional coatings, as well as digital printing press primers that are used in the production of consumer and industrial packaging and paper products, labels, and commercially printed materials. Michelman serves its customers with production facilities in North America, Europe and Asia, product development and technical service centers in several major global markets, and a worldwide team of highly trained business development personnel.
We have a great opportunity available for you to join our Printing & Packaging business as the Global Marketing Director. This strategic leadership position will be located in our Blue Ash, Ohio global headquarters.
You will be responsible to develop and articulate a compelling global growth strategy for the Printing & Packaging business. You will have the opportunity to combine your industry knowledge, business insight and leadership capability to take this growth strategy to action in close collaboration with external value chain partners and cross-functional teams within Michelman. You will also be responsible to build our marketing capability by expanding and developing the team and leading the use of best marketing practices.
The Responsibilities of This Position Will Include:
Target Market Development
- Identify, quantify, prioritize strategic market segments
- Develop competitive landscape and map out next-best-alternative technology solutions
- Build value chain analysis, including key relational players and industry ecosystem
- Conduct primary market research through VOC collection at key customers and other influencers to refine the strategy
- Develop and execute business plans for target markets
- Work closely with regional teams to drive market development strategy
Market-Driven New Product Development (NPD) and Commercialization
- Develop next generation product concepts that solve unmet needs of the marketplace
- Develop business cases, value proposition and pricing strategy
- Sponsor and drive NPD initiatives
- Enlist charter customers for new products
- Plan, execute, and support commercial launch
- Initiate and support development of marketing communications (product literature, advertising, trade shows, press releases, website content, feature articles, etc.) to help penetrate target markets and increase acquisition of new sales prospects
- In collaboration with Sales, establish and monitor pricing strategy and policy
- In collaboration with Supply Chain and Sales, analyze business data and implement strategies to optimize profitability and cash flow
- Identify and engage key buying influencers in target markets
- Work with Sales to promote Michelman solutions
Desired Skills, Experience and Personal Attributes
- Strategic thinker with strong problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, matrix-based environment with multiple priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong external focus with a growth mindset
- Proven track record of building collaborative teams
- High levels of self-motivation, initiative, and interpersonal skills
Education and Experience
- At least ten (10+) years of experience in the Printing & Packaging industry
- 5 -10 years B2B marketing experience with notable progression of responsibilities
- Proven track record of launching new growth programs and delivering results
- Strong chemicals market knowledge and industry contacts
- Bachelorâ€™s degree from an accredited university in Science, Engineering, or Marketing required
- Advanced business degree preferred
- Paid relocation available
- Willingness to travel globally up to 25% of the time
Michelman is proud of the values focused work environment that we have we have crafted. We pride ourselves in our focus on our values of integrity, respect and success. With our dedication to your technical and professional growth in addition to our rigorous onboarding experience, we guarantee you will find yourself challenged in new ways. We offer an excellent salary, incentive and benefits package in a dynamic, empowered team environment.
No phone calls please. Michelman does not hire individuals who use tobacco products. All candidates will receive a drug test prior to beginning employment which will include a test for tobacco products.
For more information about Michelman, please visit www.michelman.com
Michelman is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Meet Some of Michelman's Employees
Quality Assurance Engineer, Quality Department
Kyle works on process optimization for Michelman’s emulsified chemistries, from polypropylene legacy products for the composite industry to engineered wood release technologies.
Back to top