Global Compensation & Benefits Leader
Michelman is a global developer and manufacturer of environmentally friendly advanced materials for industry, offering solutions for the coatings, printing & packaging and industrial manufacturing markets. The companyâ€™s surface modifiers, additives and polymers are used by leading manufacturers around the world to enhance performance attributes and add value in applications including wood and floor care products, metal and industrial coatings, paints, varnishes, inks, fibers and composites. Michelman is also well-known as an innovator in the development of barrier and functional coatings, as well as digital printing press primers that are used in the production of consumer and industrial packaging and paper products, labels, and commercially printed materials. Michelman serves its customers with production facilities in North America, Europe and Asia, product development and technical service centers in several major global markets, and a worldwide team of highly trained business development personnel.
This mission of this new role is to design and implement a holistic compensation and benefits system that will support Michelmanâ€™s future growth strategy and create a great place to work. This is a significant undertaking due to the lack of current systems and practices in this area.
- Own with the Executive Team the development and ongoing renewal of the companyâ€™s compensation strategy.
- Develop and gain alignment to a total compensation management system (base salary, profit sharing, benefits, bonuses, etc.) for all associates, including senior executives and plant operating associates globally.
- Conduct benchmarking with other companies to establish competitive pay and benefits levels as well as performance development practices (annual reviews, ratings, etc.)
- Partners with IT to define, build and maintain a robust Human Resource Information System (HRIS) to support compensation management
- Partners with Finance to assess the ongoing cost of our compensation program
- Works closely with the HR business partners to support their needs and design/implement new systems
- Trains and coaches leaders of others to effectively use the compensation system
- Leverages data analytics to identify key opportunities and proposed changes in our approach
Critical Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to live Michelmanâ€™s Values & Behaviors
- Collaborates effectively within a highly matrixed global environment
- Deep mastery in the design, implementation and ongoing improvement of progressive compensation and employee performance management systems
- Strong leadership presence and the ability to positively influence others
- Capacity to manage a heavy workload, deliver on commitments and independently take initiative and lead change
Education and Experience
- Bachelors of Science Degree with a major in Business, HR Management, Organizational Development/Behavior or equivalent.
- 7- 10+ years of experience in Human Resources, including experience in compensation and benefits
- Direct, hands on responsibility for developing and implementing compensation and benefits systems
- Experience in a matrix organization structure (highly preferred)
- Demonstrated experience in working globally and effectively leading change across multiple geographies
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Must be able to travel, including international a few times a year
- Must have flexible work hours to conduct business with partners around the world
- Must have proven ability to coach, influence and lead regionally diverse teams & senior leadership
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not construed to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the job. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
We are proud of our unique work environment. We pride ourselves in our commitment to our values of integrity, respect, success, curiosity, collaboration and giving. We try to live these values each and every day and encourage our team members to do the same. Our environment encourages and embraces the respectful sharing of ideas and different opinions, challenging the â€œstatus quoâ€� and taking ownership of solving business challenges. Selected candidate will have a rigorous onboarding experience with a continued commitment to technical and professional development. We offer an excellent salary, incentive and benefits package in a progressive, empowered team environment.
Michelman does not employ individuals who use tobacco products. All candidates will receive a drug test prior to beginning employment which will include a test for tobacco products.
It is Michelman, Inc. policy to seek and employ qualified persons in all jobs in a manner which will ensure equal employment opportunity as well as administer personnel actions in a manner as to not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation or disability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Michelman is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Meet Some of Michelman's Employees
Quality Assurance Engineer, Quality Department
Kyle works on process optimization for Michelman’s emulsified chemistries, from polypropylene legacy products for the composite industry to engineered wood release technologies.
Back to top