Director, Global Procurement
Michelman is a global developer and manufacturer of environmentally friendly advanced materials for industry, offering solutions for the coatings, printing & packaging and industrial manufacturing markets. The company's surface modifiers, additives and polymers are used by leading manufacturers around the world to enhance performance attributes and add value in applications including wood and floor care products, metal and industrial coatings, paints, varnishes, inks, fibers and composites. Michelman is also well-known as an innovator in the development of barrier and functional coatings, as well as digital printing press primers that are used in the production of consumer and industrial packaging and paper products, labels, and commercially printed materials. Michelman serves its customers with production facilities in North America, Europe and Asia, product development and technical service centers in several major global markets, and a worldwide team of highly trained business development personnel.
Currently, we have a great opportunity available for a Director, Global Procurement who will report directly to the Chief Supply Chain Officer and manages a staff of professionals, both directly and indirectly, at the world headquarters, largest manufacturing facility and primary research facility in Cincinnati, Ohio as well as production facilities in North America, Europe and Asia and product development and technical service centers in several major global markets.
The essential job focus for the Director, Global Procurement will be:
- Live our values & behaviors
- Work with Michelman's Executive Team to develop and implement the global procurement vision and strategy
- Provide vision and strategic direction for APAC, EMEA and the Americas procurement teams
- Identify, engage and manage relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Design and align policies, processes, systems and related roles and responsibilities within the context of Integrated Supply Chain standards
- Exert significant influence to drive procurement savings enablers and achieve savings targets and meet performance SLA's
- Ensure that the right talent is in place to achieve strategic targets by dedicating time and resources to staffing, talent management and capability building
- Invest in the development of our associates, including coaching & teaching leaders today and for the future
- Lead effectively and collaboratively within our company's organization design
- Gain comprehensive understanding across all aspects of the organization
The Director, Global Procurement must possess and demonstrate the skills, experiences, and competencies to fulfill all elements of the position overview in addition to the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing or Business related discipline.
- Ten or more years of sourcing experience with a significant portion of that experience in a global manufacturing environment.
- Strong leadership skills with a proven track record in the management and development of other professionals.
- Clear evidence of strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication skills; ability to present, support and defend ideas with senior managers and also interact effectively with individual employees. Demonstrated success at selling difficult ideas and building team and leadership support for complex and significant projects directly affecting corporate growth.
- Excellent problem solving, organization, project management and decision-making skills.
- Excellent team player
- Unimpeachable ethics
- Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing or Continuous Improvement experience preferred.
Michelman is proud of its unique work environment that we have. We pride ourselves in our commitment to our values of integrity, respect and success. Selected candidate will have a rigorous onboarding experience with a continued commitment to technical and professional development. We offer an excellent salary, incentive and benefits package in a progressive, empowered team environment.
Michelman does not hire individuals who use tobacco products. All candidates will receive a drug test prior to beginning employment which will include a test for tobacco products.
For more information about Michelman, please visit www.michelman.com
Michelman is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Meet Some of Michelman's Employees
Quality Assurance Engineer, Quality Department
Kyle works on process optimization for Michelman’s emulsified chemistries, from polypropylene legacy products for the composite industry to engineered wood release technologies.
Back to top