Innovating a Sustainable Future with Expert Materials?
As a global developer and manufacturer of environmentally friendly advanced materials for industry, Michelman offers solutions for the coatings, printing & packaging, and industrial manufacturing markets. Motivated by unwavering values, and ingrained with a passion for environmentally conscious innovation, we help companies around the globe establish and achieve their product development goals. With access to Michelman's expert materials resources — a compelling combination of world-class talent and specialty chemistries — our customers are excelling in the diverse range of markets they serve with sustainable and responsible solutions.
Become part of a new design team at Michelman creating a world-class digital presence in support of our global business. The Digital Designer will play a key role in ensuring a consistent, positive, relevant, and memorable user experience across multiple touchpoints, including web sites and apps, email, social media, and other channels. This position will be located in our Cincinnati, Ohio headquarters and will report directly to the User Experience Manager.
- Design responsive user interfaces for web sites and apps.
- Develop UI design systems and design pattern libraries.
- Create informational graphics to illustrate technical concepts and processes.
- Update and expand brand standards documentation.
- Create wireframes and mockups (low-fidelity and high-fidelity) as needed to communicate and clarify design intent.
- Collaborate with members of a cross-functional communications team to develop campaigns.
- Collaborate with developers tasked with translating mockups into working code.
- Produce final graphic assets optimized for web and mobile use.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and internal critiques.
- Test sites and apps in various web, tablet, and mobile browsers and report bugs.
Critical Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong design fundamentals and appreciation of design systems.
- Strong knowledge of web standards and interaction design principles.
- Experience designing responsive interfaces.
- Fluent in Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud, and other industry-standard design tools.
- Some working knowledge of front end development in HTML and CSS.
- Experience working with a content management system.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, be self-driven, and to work collaboratively with teams.
- Ability to multitask and work effectively in a fast-paced corporate environment.
Not Required, But Helpful
- Experience working in B2B, particularly in the manufacturing sector.
- Experience working on multilingual, international projects.
- Experience with prototyping tools such as Framer or InVision.
- Experience with motion graphics and kinetic type.
- Experience with traditional print design.
- Experience with videography, photography, and video editing.
- Ability to "design in code" when necessary.
Education and Experience
- BFA in graphic design or similar 4-year degree.
- 4+ years working in the field.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not construed to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the job. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
We are proud of our unique work environment. We pride ourselves in our commitment to our values of integrity, respect, success, curiosity, collaboration and giving. We try to live these values each and every day and encourage our team members to do the same. Our environment encourages and embraces the respectful sharing of ideas and different opinions, challenging the "status quo" and taking ownership of solving business challenges. Selected candidate will have a rigorous onboarding experience with a continued commitment to technical and professional development. We offer an excellent salary, incentive and benefits package in a progressive, empowered team environment.
Michelman does not employ individuals who use tobacco products. All candidates will receive a drug test prior to beginning employment which will include a test for tobacco products.
It is Michelman, Inc. policy to seek and employ qualified persons in all jobs in a manner which will ensure equal employment opportunity as well as administer personnel actions in a manner as to not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation or disability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Michelman is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Meet Some of Michelman's Employees
Quality Assurance Engineer, Quality Department
Kyle works on process optimization for Michelman’s emulsified chemistries, from polypropylene legacy products for the composite industry to engineered wood release technologies.
Back to top