The Macgyver – Maintenance Technician - 2nd shift
method sold its first product on February 28th, 2001 - we mark this as the day we became people against dirty®. But why did two twenty-something guys start a cleaning product company? Well, we're not exactly big fans of cleaning, but we are passionate about cleaning up a dirty business. We recognized that household cleaning, which includes laundry and hand wash, was a massive category in desperate need of a little disruption.
We also had questions. Why do we pollute when we clean? Why do we use poison to make our homes healthier? And why do cleaners have to be so ugly that you hide them away or smell so bad that you hold your breath? The answer: we can do better.
Leveraging two major cultural shifts in health + wellness and lifestyling of the home, we disrupted every aspect of the category and grew method into a green cleaning leader. Along the way, we hit #7 on the Inc. 500 list, were named the #16th most innovative company in the world by Fast Company in 2008 and became PETA persons of the year for developing the first vegan laundry products.
method products can be found in Target, Lowe's, Safeway, Home Depot, Whole Foods and most grocers nationwide, along with growing distribution in the UK, France, China, Japan and Australia. And the party is only getting started.
In 2012, we merged with Belgian green cleaning giant Ecover, and together became the world's largest green cleaning company. Our two brands are committed to inspiring generations of happy, healthy homes by making non-toxic products that work - for you and the planet.
That's why our work environment is creative, brand-savvy, entrepreneurial, fast-paced, solutions-focused, irreverent but disciplined, team-oriented and fun. Piqued your curiosity? Keep reading.
Method has built a new factory in the historic Chicago Pullman neighborhood , creating an exciting and unique opportunity for an experienced maintenance technician who has a vision to help create the next generation manufacturing experience. Based in Chicago and reporting to the engineering team, this individual will be responsible for maintaining and improving all equipment and processes throughout the building. The ideal candidate will be a dedicated team player, great trainer and loves solving problems.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- The maintenance team is responsible for troubleshooting, repair, design changes, preventive and predictive maintenance schedule development and equipment monitoring
- The position will be a key driver of our operator driven maintenance program, providing training, coaching, guidance and leadership to ensure the program's success
- This individual will have to be exceedingly focused on safety throughout the building, refusing to settle for shortcuts and prepare, complete and act upon risk assessments and analysis of all work processes at the site to ensure safety is the highest priority
- Support TPM and LEAN initiatives by assisting in task development, employee training and improvement recommendations from data analysis
- The maintenance team performs highly skilled mechanical repair on all equipment throughout the facility - this equipment includes but is not limited to: pumps. HVAC equipment, liquid fillers, pneumatic systems, label machines, batch processing equipment, air compressors, coding machine, bottle sleevers, silkscreen machines, component sorters and other misc. packaging, processing and facility equipment
- This person will be responsible for either testing and monitoring or managing contractors involved with testing and monitoring of all safety facility equipment including fire suppression system, emergency lighting, failure detection systems and fire extinguishers
- The MacGyver role is the plant contact for service contractors, ensuring that applicable safety rules are followed during all contract work and certifying that work is performed as expected
- As the only technical resources at the facility, this position must perform basic electrical troubleshooting, repair and maintenance while always adhering to ArcFlash requirements
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt
- Collaborate on team projects to solve problems and improve processes and procedures that improve OEE, safety, quality and work environment
- Accountable for KPI's supporting Cost, OEE, Safety, Greenskeeping and Quality
The ideal candidate will be maniacally focused, skilled and love challenges with applicable experience at a fast-paced consumer packaged goods company. We're looking for someone who's flexible, nimble and is ok with getting down and dirty and take ownership over their duties from day one
QUALIFICATIONS + EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of experience (consumer packaged goods preferred) as a maintenance technician
- Experience working in a manufacturing and production environment and knowledge of OSHA, and Environmental requirements and regulations
- Proactive approach and work ethic appropriate for a fast-paced, team-oriented, growing company
- An understanding of PLC ladder logic and some experience troubleshooting programs a plus but not required
- Excellent communication / collaboration / customer service skills
- Must be able to climb stairs/ladders up to 15 feet; lift/reach overhead with 15 pounds; work with manual and power tools (tools to be provided by candidate)
- Proficient hand/eye coordination to operate and drive equipment
- Strong coaching, training and teamwork skills
- Able to work all shifts , weekend work and overtime base on business needs
- Strong 'hands on' approach
- Machining and welding experience is a plus
- Ability to read measurements on ruler and micrometer
- Ability to visually and mentally make priority decisions
- Must be capable of carrying 50lbs; lifting over 100lbs
- Push/pull up to 900lbs using a hydraulic hand jack
- Ability to stand/walk 11 hours a day on a concrete floor
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Well developed creative problem solving skills
- You posses that certain "something" that makes us better
- Sense of humor, a positive outlook with a "can-do" attitude!
HOURS: full time, hourly
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
Please click the APPLY BUTTON below to complete an application for this job. We ask that you also click the following link to complete an online assessment:
Back to top