Sr. Graphic Designer
We are People Against Dirty, a growing house of brands that includes method, ecover, babyganics, and coming soon...mrs. meyers clean day. We've always done things differently – we’re fearless thinkers, mad scientists and adventurous designers who believe that making soap leads to brave ideas, bold inventions and beautiful bubbles. We started small, but we’ve got big plans to make the world a cleaner, greener, more colorful place. And we invite everyone to join us as we pioneer a future where doing business is doing good for all.
We are currently seeking a Senior Graphic Designer to join our Design Team. Design is integral to the method brand and you will be part of creating and championing great design work that continues to build on the strong foundation set by the team. This role will focus mostly on packaging, but also in high level concepting, in-store experiences, trade shows, print and internal projects. You love how brand strategy relates to design and have an understanding that all parts of a project lend to a complete brand story. You also enjoy executing and presenting your ideas and working cross-functionally to find new ideas for sustainable packaging solutions. You will report to the Design Director and collaborate with the rest of the Design Team to support ongoing projects.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Senior Designer will:
- Design and produce graphics for consumer packaged goods and marketing materials, including packaging design assets, digital and social assets, retail and in-store experiences, print and internal materials.
- Set up design files on dielines and work seamlessly with production artists for final release of files.
- Work with Design Director on long term campaigns, style guides, & toolkits for method, ecover, babyganics
and Mrs. Meyer’s
- Contribute to other design needs and assets for method, ecover, babyganics
and Mrs. Meyer’s
- Work with Design Director to delegate projects to associate designer(s) as needed.
- Produce assets that bring the method brand to life, with consideration of design trends and new creative concepts
- Work collaboratively with other designers and cross-functional team members to develop concepts and strategy, and to solve creative challenges
- Represent the design team in project meetings, mentor and guide associate designer on
long term projects.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively to meet deadlines
- Work reception once a month
We are not joking. Everyone in the office takes a spin as receptionist. Costumes welcome
- 6+ years graphic design experience focused on print and marketing materials
- Must have a strong understanding of packaging design and a portfolio that can showcase your work in this area
- Knowledge of the cpg industry category preferred
- A strong understanding of print processes, dielines, and Adobe Creative Suite
- A positive and clear communication style — ability to articulate ideas, voice constructive opinions
- Masterful collaboration skills, ability to multi-task and find answers to questions cross-functionally
- A great attitude and positive outlook
- Be a design geek – you love researching current trends and applying them to projects
- Thoughtful and elevated typography and strategic, brand systems thinking
- Ability to work under aggressive timelines and easily adaptable to change
- Nimble approach to our house of brands, able and willing to shift to working on multiple brands, or shifting focus in the future
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Our values are at the heart of everything we do.
Here are a few of the ways weCare like a Motherfor every person against dirty:
- Rockstar health insurance benefits package
- Jollydays: competitive vacation bundle
- Generous retirement match + pre-tax savings options
- 3 Care Days (a.k.a. Volunteer Time-Off) a year, to be a force for good
- Global Ping Pong Tournament + Prom...you heard that right-- let's dance
LOCATION: San Francisco
HOURS: full time, salaried (exempt)
REPORTS TO: Brand Design Director
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Back to top