sr director PR + communications
We are people against dirty® (PAD), and we've always done things differently. We are fearless thinkers, mad scientists and adventurous designers who believe that making soap leads to brave ideas, bold inventions and beautiful bubbles.
We are small, but we have big plans to make the world a cleaner, greener, more colorful place. And we invite everyone to join us as we pioneer a future where doing business is doing good for all.
Let's get one thing straight – you're not coming here to just sell soap, or cleaning products. (Though that will happen, trust us). You're joining People Against Dirty to move the hearts and souls and minds of others all over the world that see the world differently. We think about cleaning as an act of creative expression, a gesture of rebellion, and yes, an escape from the normal. We take cleaning seriously – but not ourselves.
Your job is to make connections and to build awareness + love + loyalty, using the media -- fake or not – to get real results. Because, let's face it, before any of us are "consumers," we're humans, reading + watching + listening to what's interesting + cool.
Our senior director of PR + Comms role reports to The Brandfather (our CMO) and will lead all communications initiatives for both our company and method products in North America. This newly created role will design a world-class communications strategy that leverages our purpose to drive awareness amongst consumers and key influencers while driving our brand reputation and building internal engagement. Whew.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Our new senior director will create a top-notch integrated brand communications strategy that proactively tells the PAD and method stories to the media that matter, whether online or off.
- You will be responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of a broad range of PR activities relative to the strategic direction and positioning our mission, our company + our products
- As an ambassador for us, you'll be our key conduit to the media and will exercise judgment to prioritize and amplify our earned media spend.
- You will actively engage, cultivate, and manage press relationships to ensure coverage surrounding key method programs, special events, public announcements, and other projects.
- You'll be managing our more-than-ready-to-have-you-arrive PR agency
- You will also proactively partner with leadership to identify emerging issues facing the organization and design communications strategies
- As our comms leader, you will need to develop a best in class communications
- You will develop an internal strategy to communicate our future vision, support brand initiatives, and increase engagement + enthusiasm.
- Work reception 5 times a year*
- we are not joking. at people against dirty, everyone in the San Francisco office takes a spin as receptionist. costumes welcome
EXPERIENCE + REQUIREMENTS:
Well, we assume you have the gift of gab, or at least the ability to convince + get people excited for just about anything. That's a good start, yet we have found that the ability to listen is equally admirable.
Ideally, you have seen life from both sides of the communications/PR arena (agency and in-house) but at the very least, you will know how to handle and build effective relationships with agency partners. The ideal candidate will have had experience advising senior executives on how to communicate their vision and brand messaging. You have designed successful communications strategies and should also have a very robust list of really amazing and undoubtedly impressive media contacts – the kind that make us envious.
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in a senior management role either in-house or with an agency
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing a comprehensive strategic communications, media relations, and marketing program to advance an organization's mission and goals
- Ability to show that you can engage across borders and build lasting relationships
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with top-tier reporters and editors, and in successfully positioning subject matter with the media to achieve high-impact placements
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
- Manage budgets and allocation of funds across communications channels while closely
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, or related field is required, an advanced degree is preferred
PAD PERKS: Our values are at the heart of everything we do. Here are a few of the ways we Care like a Mother for every person against dirty:
- Rockstar health insurance benefits package
- Competitive vacation bundle + 3 Care Days (a.k.a. Volunteer Time-Off) a year
- Generous retirement match + pre-tax savings options
- Global Ping Pong Tournament + Prom...you heard that right!
LOCATION: San Francisco
HOURS: full time, exempt (salaried)
REPORTS TO: CMO
Meet Some of Method's Employees
Geetha monitors Method’s production operations and performs lab testing on its products. She creates specially formulated, non-toxic people and pet-friendly cleaning products that fight dirty the healthy way.
Back to top