Social Media Director
We are people against dirty® (PAD), and we've always done things differently. We are fearless thinkers, mad scientists and adventurous designers who believe that making soap leads to brave ideas, bold inventions and beautiful bubbles.
We are small, but we have big plans to make the world a cleaner, greener, more colorful place. And we invite everyone to join us as we pioneer a future where doing business is doing good for all.
Let's get one thing straight – you're not coming here to just sell soap, or cleaning products. (Though that will happen, trust us). You're joining People Against Dirty to move the hearts and souls and minds of others all over the world that see the world differently. We think about cleaning as an act of creative expression, a gesture of rebellion, and yes, an escape from the normal. We take cleaning seriously – but not ourselves.
Our social media director role reports to The Brandfather (our CMO) and will lead all Social Media initiatives for method in North America. What should we say and show about who we are and our products? What digital/mobile channels should we lean into and which should we avoid? How can we drive a clear brand POV through a fun and creative voice that people love + trust + learn from?
Working as an important member of our Brand Experience team, this is a highly visible, strategic and fun role. Help us tap into our powerful community (our PADvocates) to grow engagement, innovation and drive the business forward through social media. Heck, help us grow our community.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Develop the strategy and oversee the execution of strategic paid and organic social media initiatives that expand brand awareness, drive customer growth and ultimately increase conversion.
- Set content goals, analyze overall effectiveness of campaigns and identify areas of improvement.
- Manage planning, content, media, partnerships, and analytics across all social platforms
- Spearhead and advance method's social influencer and experiential strategies
- Manage budgets and allocation of funds across social channels while closely monitoring and driving return on investment.
- Act as the advocate of social media within the Company, influencing overall site and business strategies
- Meet ongoing deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Explore and implement social innovations and native integrations to increase business impact
- Serve as the company's brand steward across all social media platforms
- Stay abreast of latest industry developments, trends, and shifts in the social landscape.
Work reception 5 times a year*
- we are not joking. at people against dirty, everyone in the San Francisco office takes a spin as receptionist. costumes welcome.
EXPERIENCE + REQUIREMENTS:
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in strategic planning within the social and digital space and experience developing and implementing highly successful social media campaigns.
- Minimum 7-10 years of direct experience in Social Media with strong brand along with track record of success and career growth
- Must have minimum three years of management experience and leadership capability
- Strong Presentation skills as this role will present to senior leadership
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, or related field
PAD PERKS: Our values are at the heart of everything we do. Here are a few of the ways we Care like a Mother for every person against dirty:
- Rockstar health insurance benefits package
- Competitive vacation bundle + 3 Care Days (a.k.a. Volunteer Time-Off) a year
- Generous retirement match + pre-tax savings options
- Global Ping Pong Tournament + Prom...you heard that right!
LOCATION: San Francisco
HOURS: full time, exempt (salaried)
REPORTS TO: CMO
Meet Some of Method's Employees
Geetha monitors Method’s production operations and performs lab testing on its products. She creates specially formulated, non-toxic people and pet-friendly cleaning products that fight dirty the healthy way.
Back to top