Senior Director, Sales Planning
We are people against dirty® (PAD), and we’ve always done things differently. We are fearless thinkers, mad scientists and adventurous designers who believe that making soap leads to brave ideas, bold inventions and beautiful bubbles. We are small, but we have big plans to make the world a cleaner, greener, more colorful place. And we invite everyone to join us as we pioneer a future where doing business is doing good for all.
The Senior Director of Sales Planning is a key leadership role on our Sales Team and manages all aspects of “inside” sales. (S)he is involved in virtually every aspect of our go-to-market strategy and is a strong voice on key business decisions. This role manages a multi-dimensional department and is cross-functional in nature which makes it quite complex, exciting and diverse.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Senior Director of Sales Planning will:
- Build, manage and develop a high performing team which includes Sales Planning, Category Insights, Shopper Marketing and Sales Finance
- Lead the annual customer business planning process for the company
- Be the “voice of sales” to the leadership team on all major category and business initiatives
- Play a leadership role in the new product development process
- Serve as the lead between Sales and all inside functions providing strategic intelligence from the field on channel development, trends and requirements.
- Work reception once a month
we are not joking. at method, everyone in San Francisco takes a spin as receptionist. costumes welcome.
- 12-15 years of CPG experience - Field Sales, Sales Planning and Customer Marketing
- Field Sales and HQ experience required
- In-depth knowledge of all national classes of trade (Food, Drug, Mass, Specialty)
- Excellent track record of hiring, coaching and developing teams
- Excellent presentation and story-telling skills
- Proven ability to negotiate for positive outcomes
- Experience managing a large and complex trade budget
- Ability to work independently to identify business opportunities to grow sales
- Outstanding analytical skills. Solid experience in pulling, mining and organizing Syndicated reports (IRI / Nielsen).
- Travel up to 25%
- 4-year degree in Business, Marketing or related field (MBA is a bonus)
PAD PERKS:Our values are at the heart of everything we do. Here are a few of the ways weCare like a Motherfor every person against dirty:
- Rockstar health insurance benefits package
- Jollydays: competitive vacation bundle
- Generous retirement match + pre-tax savings options
- 3 Care Days (a.k.a. Volunteer Time-Off) a year, to be a force for good
- Global Ping Pong Tournament + Prom...you heard that right-- let's dance
HOURS: full time, exempt (salaried)
REPORTS TO: VP, Sales
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Back to top