THE PEOPLE AGAINST DIRTY STORY
method sold its first product on February 28th, 2001 - we mark this as the day we became people against dirty®. But why did two twenty-something guys start a cleaning product company? Well, we're not exactly big fans of cleaning, but we are passionate about cleaning up a dirty business. We recognized that household cleaning, which includes laundry and hand wash, was a massive category in desperate need of a little disruption.
We also had questions. Why do we pollute when we clean? Why do we use poison to make our homes healthier? And why do cleaners have to be so ugly that you hide them away or smell so bad that you hold your breath? The answer: we can do better.
Leveraging two major cultural shifts in health + wellness and life styling of the home, we disrupted every aspect of the category and grew method into a green cleaning leader. Along the way, we hit #7 on the Inc. 500 list, were named the #16th most innovative company in the world by Fast Company in 2008 and became PETA persons of the year for developing the first vegan laundry products.
method products can be found in Target, Lowe's, Safeway, Whole Foods and most grocers nationwide, along with growing distribution in the UK, France, China, Japan and Australia. And the party is only getting started.
In 2012, method merged with Belgian green cleaning giant Ecover, and together became the world's largest green cleaning company. Our two brands are committed to inspiring generations of happy, healthy homes by making non-toxic products that work—for you and the planet. And we've built a LEED-Platinum certified manufacturing plant to prove it, the first of its kind in our industry. We even formalized the name of our joint enterprise: People Against Dirty (PAD) Manufacturing. Of course, this is more than a company name, it is one of our founding principles. By pioneering a cleaner clean, we believe we can make a difference.
That's why our work environment is creative, brand-savvy, entrepreneurial, fast-paced, solutions-focused, irreverent but disciplined, team-oriented and fun. Piqued your curiosity? Keep reading.
Based in San Francisco and reporting to the Global Greenskeeper of Product Experience, this individual will be responsible for all aspects of regulatory compliance for our products and management of our ingredient database. He/she will be responsible for recognizing regulatory compliance needs and will manage the collection, management, analysis, assessment and interpretation of key ingredient information. He/she will handle the day-to-day management of product regulation and compliance while managing our systems and internal communications. He/she will discuss all relevant regulatory issues with project teams, create and provide recommendations on strategies and develop and execute against project plans. This individual will work collaboratively with internal and external partners to ensure that we are compliant with all relevant regulations and provide insights to the business that enable sound decisions.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Execute regulatory strategy for all North American business
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations for all products
- Guide the business on product labeling and marketing claims
- Meet regularly with business teams and gain an understanding of business plans to develop robust product compliance strategies
- Proactively identify current and emerging regulations that may have an impact on our business
- Engage with industry trade groups and committees, maintain industry networks and connections, and monitor the work of government agencies and working groups.
- Manage our chemical database for regulatory compliance
- Author Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) that conform to GHS
- Serve as a liaison between product development and operations to provide technical support for hazard communication
- Support the Green Chefs (chemists) and Plastic Surgeons (packaging engineers) with product development
- Identify current and future chemical regulations that impact our business
- Ensure our compliance process is seamless with customer product requirements
- Work reception once a month*
*we are not joking. at people against dirty, everyone in San Francisco takes a spin as receptionist. costumes welcome.
The ideal candidate will be a detail oriented, independent worker, with a strong technical background. He/she will have a high business acumen and will be able to work well on a fast-paced, dynamic team. We're looking for an individual who can stay organized , build capability and respond to both internal and external requests…a positive outlook and sense of humor will also serve you well.
QUALIFICATIONS + EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years in consumer product regulatory and/or compliance
- Experience working with a cross-functional team
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to juggle and manage timelines and deadlines
- Ability to stay cool and calm under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to stay focused on the "big picture"
- Proficiency in computing, including database management
LOCATION: San Francisco
HOURS: full time, exempt (salaried)
REPORTS TO: Global Greenskeeper-Product Experience
Please go tohttp://methodhome.snaphire.comto apply.
Meet Some of Method's Employees
Arts & Craft Designer
Mia creates the engaging marketing campaigns, artistic product packaging, and colorful designs that define Method's brand, spreading the company's healthy cleaning message in a fun way.
Back to top