Receiving Associate - 3rd shift
- Chicago, IL
We are People Against Dirty, a growing house of brands that includes method, ecover, babyganics, and mrs. meyer’s clean day. We've always done things differently – we’re fearless thinkers, mad scientists and adventurous designers who believe that making soap leads to brave ideas, bold inventions and beautiful bubbles. We started small, but we’ve got big plans to make the world a cleaner, greener, more colorful place. And we invite everyone to join us as we pioneer a future where doing business is doing good for all.
The Receiving Associate will work closely with the Materials Team, Transportation Team, and on/offsite vendors to receive materials and ship finished goods to distribution centers. This position will manage transfers across the network and assist with timely receipts during the third shift hours. This candidate will schedule dock appointments and work directly with carriers for timely deliveries. The 3rd shift Receiving Associate will also help with improving processes by partnering with Materials Manager to create Standard Work Instructions to streamline our processes. This position will focus on safety, always highlighting process improvements that create a safer work environment.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The Receiving Associate will:
- Communicate with multiple third-party warehouse locations to coordinate the timely shipment of inbound and outbound goods
- Monitor all inbound and outbound shipment status to ensure adherence to expected delivery date and time
- Utilize appropriate systems to complete a variety of administrative tasks, including production of goods receipts, raw material/supplies receipts, and setting up shipments of finished goods
- Schedule dock appointments and inbound appointments with carriers while establishing and maintaining open communication and relationships with internal team and external customers
- Provide oversight and support of inbound transportation suppliers, supplier performance management and general procurement activities for LTL, TL, temp controlled and ocean shipments
- Prioritize dock usage for incoming and outgoing loads, giving direction to Movers + Makers on the shift (our name for our materials forklift drivers)
- 2+ years of relevant experience in logistics, planning or manufacturing
- Logistics and/or inventory analysis experience preferred
- Working knowledge of material management systems such as SAP, TMS + WMS
- Solid understanding of internal/external supply chain principles, processes and systems, including order management, transportation and warehousing
- Candidates should have the ability to standing for a minimum of 8 hours a day, performing manual duties and may be required to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be flexible to work weekends and overtime
- Well organized and timely on provided tasks
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration + customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal + written
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Creative problem-solver, able to identify “out-of-the-box” solutions
- Ability to analyze and assimilate relevant data into recommendations + decisions
- Sense of humor, a positive outlook with a “can-do” attitude!
- High School Diploma or equivalent
PAD PERKS:Our values are at the heart of everything we do.
Here are a few of the ways weCare like a Motherfor every person against dirty:
- Rockstar health insurance benefits package
- Jollydays: competitive vacation bundle
- Generous retirement match + pre-tax savings options
- 3 Care Days (a.k.a. Volunteer Time-Off) a year, to be a force for good
- Global Ping Pong Tournament + Prom...you heard that right-- let's dance
HOURS: full time, non-exempt (11:30pm-8am)
REPORTS TO: Materials Manager
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Back to top