Project Manager - Product Experience
We are people against dirty (PAD), and we’ve always done things differently. We are fearless thinkers, mad scientists and adventurous designers who believe that making soap leads to brave ideas, bold inventions and beautiful bubbles.
We are small, but we have big plans to make the world a cleaner, greener, more colorful place. And we invite everyone to join us as we pioneer a future where doing business is doing good for all.
Based in San Francisco and reporting to the Global VP of Product Experience (PE), the role will be responsible for managing the technical coordination of new product development projects within the NA Product Experience Team . Duties include management of resource coordination, creating project timelines and improving development processes. This role is a key position that ensures all projects are effectively executed and team members are kept prioritized, focused, and on-track to meet the objectives in our busy development environment.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Lead PE internal project management capability to ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, on-budget
- Develop and oversee technical timelines, resource utilization and processes to ensure teams meet key development milestones.
- Recognize and address shifts in project complexity, scope, staffing and strategy, and help the technical team revise plans accordingly. Communicate with stakeholders on implications, risks and trade-offs. ‘
- Manage and track projects through our PLM system (Arena) , Track spend on projects
- Ensure project risks are identified, communicated and mitigated to PE senior leadership and PMO/PODs as appropriate
- Measure team’s process performance and publish project status
- Act as “the voice of reason” at department level meetings for product resourcing and scope decisions - facilitate decision-making, arbitrate impasses, remove barriers and ultimately drive project progress.
- Be the centralized resource/timeline contact between PE, the Project Management Office (PMO), Operations and Business Functions
- Be the conduit between PE and business/PMO functions for New Product Development as well as the base business product portfolio
- Ensure resourcing priorities of pipeline planning are anticipated and satisfied by PE and develop x-functional partnerships when needed to resolve issues or opportunities
- Partner with functional leads (Formulation, Fragrance, Packaging, Industrial Design, Regulatory and Greenskeeping) to identify strategic opportunities to improve process execution and speed across PE and bring those opportunities forward.
- Contribute to and champion the evolution of processes for developing and commercializing new products
- Lead the Product Qualification meeting
- Ensure process and tools are understood and applied by cross-functional teams
- Identify opportunities to improve process, project team management, and meetings
- Work reception once a month
we are not joking. at people against dirty, everyone in the San Francisco office takes a spin as receptionist. costumes welcome.
- 5+ years Experience in CPG product development with clear understanding of technical interdependencies (formulation, process engineering, packaging engineering)
- Proven experience leading and managing project teams in a highly collaborative and dynamic business environment
- Experience in early ideation and exploratory product development, execution and delivery
- PMP or other certification a plus
- Ability to lead and motivate a cross-functional team with successful collaboration: be strong enough to voice dissent but flexible enough to bring the team to consensus
- Excellent communication / presentation / collaboration / customer service skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work within tight timeframes and deadlines
- Stamina, character, sense of humor, proactive approach and work ethic appropriate for a fast-paced, team-oriented, growth company
- Capability in developing and implementing business processes, including technical risk identification and mitigation/contingency planning
- Strong technical skills and understanding: Data analysis capability, familiarity with formulation and packaging test methodologies and DOE models, familiarity with consumer insight product testing
- Outstanding IT skills: MS Project, PowerPoint, Word, Excel
Minimum BA or BS degree in science or engineering field
PAD PERKS:Our values are at the heart of everything we do. Here's a few of the ways weCare like a Motherfor every person against dirty:
- Rockstar health insurance benefits package
- Competitive vacation bundle + 3 Care Days (a.k.a. Volunteer Time-Off) a year
- Generous retirement match + pre-tax savings options
- Global Ping Pong Tournament + Prom...you heard that right!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Meet Some of Method's Employees
Geetha monitors Method’s production operations and performs lab testing on its products. She creates specially formulated, non-toxic people and pet-friendly cleaning products that fight dirty the healthy way.
Back to top