Project Manager - Commercialization
We are people against dirty (PAD), and we’ve always done things differently. We are fearless thinkers, mad scientists and adventurous designers who believe that making soap leads to brave ideas, bold inventions and beautiful bubbles.
We are small, but we have big plans to make the world a cleaner, greener, more colorful place. And we invite everyone to join us as we pioneer a future where doing business is doing good for all.
Based in San Francisco and reporting to the director of project management. The role will be responsible for managing new product development and commercialization projects within the overall company portfolio. Responsibilities will be focused on delivering projects on time, on budget and on strategy. This is a pivotal role within method that ensures speed and innovation remain a core competency and that the team is kept focused, energized and on-track to meet the objectives of our product launches.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Lead cross-functional project teams in the development and commercialization of products - ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, on-budget and on-strategy in line with the company operating plan
- Develop and oversee overall project structure, timelines, budget, resourcing and strategy; ensure teams meet key milestones as well as critical business and customer dates
- Recognize and address shifts in project complexity, scope and strategy
- Ensure project risks are identified, mitigated and communicated to management as appropriate
- Measure project team performance, publish project status and KPI/metrics
- Analyze feasibility and cost of new product and product improvement propositions to lead the team and business unit general managers to go/no-go decisions
- Act as “the voice of reason” at executive-level steering committee for product launch and scope decisions (includes a high frequency of presentations) - facilitate decision-making, arbitrate impasses, remove barriers and ultimately drive project progress
- Interface as the centralized contact between key business, product development + commercialization functions
- Serve as lead and conduit between business, brand + product experience technical PMs, and supply chain functions for new product + base business launches
- Ensure priorities of business units are being anticipated and satisfied by operational functions and develop partnerships when needed to resolve operational issues or opportunities
- Partner with operational functions to identify strategic opportunities to improve service and reduce cost across business units and execute those strategic projects within the business
- Contribute to and champion evolution of process for developing and commercializing new products
- Ensure process and tools are understood and applied by cross-functional teams.
- Identify opportunities to improve process, project team management, and meetings
- Work reception once a month
we are not joking. at people against dirty, everyone in the San Francisco office takes a spin as receptionist. costumes welcome.
- 5+ years of business experience (consumer packaged goods or manufacturing environment in Operations, Product Development or Supply Chain). Prior consulting experience desired
- Proven experience leading and managing project teams in a highly collaborative and dynamic business environment
- Experience in ideation and exploratory product development, execution and delivery
- PMP or other certification a plus
- Ability to lead and motivate a cross-functional team with successful collaboration: you should be strong enough to voice dissent but flexible enough to bring the team to consensus
- Excellent communication / presentation / collaboration / customer service skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work within tight timeframes and deadlines
- Stamina, character, sense of humor, proactive approach and work ethic appropriate for a fast-paced, team-oriented, growth company
- Outstanding technical skills: background and strong interest in process development, MS Project, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Web and other required computer applications; Master Data, SAP, Lean Six Sigma experience a plus
4-year degree in business or related technical field required
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. Here's a few of the ways weCare like a Motherfor every person against dirty:
- Rockstar health insurance benefits package
- Competitive vacation bundle + 3 Care Days (a.k.a. Volunteer Time-Off) a year
- Generous retirement match + pre-tax savings options
- Global Ping Pong Tournament + Prom...you heard that right!
LOCATION: San Francisco
HOURS: full time, exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Project Management - Commercialization
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Meet Some of Method's Employees
Geetha monitors Method’s production operations and performs lab testing on its products. She creates specially formulated, non-toxic people and pet-friendly cleaning products that fight dirty the healthy way.
Back to top