Procurement Director - Contract Manufacturing
We are people against dirty® (PAD), and we’ve always done things differently. We are fearless thinkers, mad scientists and adventurous designers who believe that making soap leads to brave ideas, bold inventions and beautiful bubbles. We are small, but we have big plans to make the world a cleaner, greener, more colorful place. And we invite everyone to join us as we pioneer a future where doing business is doing good for all.
It may look like we just make soap, but there is so much more than meets the eye. Our operations team is on a mission to create the most flexible, sustainable, and cost-effective supply chain for our innovative array of products and you will get to play a critical role in this. Based in San Francisco, the Procurement Director - Contract Manufacturing will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of our North American contract manufacturing sourcing strategies across our house of growing brands. We can’t wait to have you onboard!
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Lead development and implementation of North American (NA) sourcing strategies for contract manufacturing to support overall NA Supply Chain objectives in current and future state.
- Bring vision and adherence to the sourcing strategy process while clearly defining criteria to bring new suppliers (and further develop existing suppliers) into the manufacturing network, ensuring the right capacity and capabilities to support the business.
- Lead procurement RFI / RFP events (with key stakeholder inputs on success criteria) to deliver new product innovation and year-on-year cost savings for base business. Drive solutions that balance gross margin, supply risk, logistics, and sustainability goals for the organization.
- Develop and utilize best-in-class procurement tools such as ‘should cost’ and ‘total cost of ownership’ models to ensure competitive value and increased transparency into the supplier cost structure.
- Establish and maintain key performance metrics (cost, quality, service, innovation, etc) in partnership with Supply Chain team to measure and drive accountability for supplier performance, creating year-on-year continuous improvement objectives
- Lead the development and reporting of NA contract manufacturing cost inflation outlook to support the regional operating plan.
- Work reception once a month.*
- 10+ years of procurement management experience in contract manufacturing (Consumer Packaged Goods preferred).
- Expert knowledge of contract negotiation and sourcing methodologies.
- Proven track record in building relationships and strategic alliances internally and externally with a focus on collaboratively influencing teams to meet strategic objectives.
- Experience with ERP systems (SAP preferred).
- Strong interpersonal communication, organization and analytical skills.
- Travel: to co-manufacturing sites within North America, @ once a month.
- Ability to think strategically, and objectively, and an aptitude for translating data into viable action plans and strategies.
- Ability to analyze data and assimilate relevant data into recommendations and decisions.
- Sense of humor, a positive outlook with a “can-do” attitude!
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
PAD PERKS:Our values are at the heart of everything we do. Here are a few of the
ways weCare like a Motherfor every person against dirty:
- Rockstar health insurance benefits package
- Competitive vacation bundle + 3 Care Days (a.k.a. Volunteer Time-Off) a year
- Generous retirement match + pre-tax savings options
- Global Ping Pong Tournament + Prom...you heard that right-- let's dance
LOCATION: San Francisco
HOURS: full time, exempt (salaried)
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Global Procurement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Meet Some of Method's Employees
Geetha monitors Method’s production operations and performs lab testing on its products. She creates specially formulated, non-toxic people and pet-friendly cleaning products that fight dirty the healthy way.
Back to top