Process Development Specialist
We are people against dirty® (PAD), and we’ve always done things differently. We are fearless thinkers, mad scientists and adventurous designers who believe that making soap leads to brave ideas, bold inventions and beautiful bubbles.
We are small, but we have big plans to make the world a cleaner, greener, more colorful place. And we invite everyone to join us as we pioneer a future where doing business is doing good for all.
It may look like we just make soap, but there is so much more than meets the eye. Our operations team is on a mission to create the most flexible, sustainable, and cost-effective supply chain for our colorful array of products and you will get to play a critical role in this. How exactly will you do this? You will be responsible for efficiently executing technical qualifications of chemical ingredients and supporting the scale-up of existing formulations at alternative third party manufacturers. As our Process Development Specialist, you will enable our ability to deliver cost improvements and give us ultimate flexibility in supply to help weather any storm that comes our way. We can’t wait to have you onboard!
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Support procurement sourcing strategies through assessment of secondary qualification opportunities for chemical ingredients. Prioritize technical evaluations to optimize savings.
- Conduct lab scale experiments to demonstrate parity of alternative materials with existing ingredient sources.
- Support the scale-up and trial plans for newly qualified ingredients as they are executed from lab into full scale production.
- Support qualification of manufacturing process for formula batching at selected contract manufacturers to optimize cost.
- Update chemical-related specifications, finished product manuals and ongoing management of data accuracy in project lifecycle management software.
- Travel as needed to support projects.
- Work reception once a month.
we are not joking. at people against dirty, everyone in the office takes a spin as receptionist. costumes welcome.
- 3-5 years of product formulation, plant-scale liquid processing and scale-up experience in cleaning, personal care or related products field
- Working knowledge of blending and filling processes across common industry equipment specifications and suppliers
- Experience and knowledge of scale-up and manufacturing best practices, with a focus on troubleshooting, optimization, and safety
- Strong interpersonal communication, organization and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently with a strong ‘hands on’ approach to projects
- Ability to analyze data and assimilate relevant data into recommendations and decisions
- High proficiency with related computer systems and software applications
- Sense of humor, a positive outlook with a “can-do” attitude!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
PAD PERKS:Our values are at the heart of everything we do. Here are a few of theways weCare like a Motherfor every person against dirty:
- Rockstar health insurance benefits package
- Competitive vacation bundle + 3 Care Days (a.k.a. Volunteer Time-Off) a year
- Generous retirement match + pre-tax savings options
- Global Ping Pong Tournament + Prom...you heard that right-- let's dance
HOURS: full time, salaried exempt
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Global Procurement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Meet Some of Method's Employees
Geetha monitors Method’s production operations and performs lab testing on its products. She creates specially formulated, non-toxic people and pet-friendly cleaning products that fight dirty the healthy way.
Back to top