P+e Payroll Coordinator (temporary)
We are people against dirty® (PAD), and we've always done things differently. We are fearless thinkers, mad scientists and adventurous designers who believe that making soap leads to brave ideas, bold inventions and beautiful bubbles.
We are small, but we have big plans to make the world a cleaner, greener, more colorful place. And we invite everyone to join us as we pioneer a future where doing business is doing good for all.
Based in San Francisco and reporting to the P+E People Operations Manager, this temporary part-time role is responsible for payroll processing + administration, finance + reporting. The P+E Payroll Coordinator is key to making sure that people get paid accurately + on time, and will help keep things in order for our people (People Against Dirty: PAD). This role may be converted to a regular part-time position.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
P+E Payroll Coordinator will:
- Enter personnel and payroll information into our HRIS database (UltiPro)
- Process semi-monthly payrolls for 120+ multi-state exempt and non-exempt employees in the SF headquarters, remote offices and Canada, including: new hires, terminations, benefits enrollments, all changes to payroll data, recurring deductions, garnishments, direct deposits, fringe payments and off-cycle manual checks
- Process month-end, quarter-end and annual payroll reports and account reconciliations; lead the year-end review process to capture all taxable payments and ensure accurate W-2's
- Assist with documentation and creation of resources for PAD on how to use UltiPro
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws
- Assist with gathering of data for payroll-related filings and audit requests
- Manage and file all personnel paperwork; keep our filing system up-to-date and humming + maintain 7 year record retention program and I-9 binder
- Assist with special projects and event planning
- Experience with data entry, with meticulous attention to detail
- Proven ability to collaborate with people across all levels and functional areas; a solutions-based approach to customer service
- Strong, positive and clear written and verbal communications
- Experience with and a proficiency for becoming an expert in online database tools or applications
- Experience with full cycle payroll processing a plus
- Experience in a fast-paced, mission-based, entrepreneurial environment a plus
- Ability to work flexible hours to accommodate weekly + semi-monthly payroll cycles
- Intermediate Excel skills; advanced skills preferred
- Must be extremely organized and able to work under tight deadlines while managing multiple key initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to anticipate needs and innovate in a high volume, fast-paced environment
- Ability to exercise extreme diplomacy and confidentiality
- A positive outlook with a "can-do" attitude!
- Bachelor's degree
PAD PERKS: Our values are at the heart of everything we do. Here's a few of the ways we Care like a Mother for every person against dirty:
- Creative, open office design
- Free, healthy and sustainable options for breakfast, snacks, coffee and other beverages
- Free product
- Global Ping Pong Tournament + Prom...you heard that right-- let's dance
LOCATION: San Francisco
HOURS: part time, non-exempt (hourly)
REPORTS TO: People Operations Manager
Meet Some of Method's Employees
Geetha monitors Method’s production operations and performs lab testing on its products. She creates specially formulated, non-toxic people and pet-friendly cleaning products that fight dirty the healthy way.
Back to top