- Zoersel, Belgium
Contract type:Full time
People Leader:EU Packaging Dev Manager
Function: Product Experience. aka R&D
We are people against dirty, the people behind Method and Ecover. We’ve always done things differently. We are fearless thinkers, mad scientists and adventurous designers who believe making soap leads to brave ideas, bold inventions and beautiful bubbles. We are small but we have big plans to make the world a cleaner, greener, more colourful place. We think about cleaning as an act of creative expression, a gesture of rebellion, and, yes, an escape from the normal. We take cleaning seriously – but not ourselves. We invite everyone to join us as we pioneer a future where doing business is doing good for all.
Our two brands are committed to inspiring generations of happy, healthy homes by making non-toxic products that work – for you and the planet. That’s why our work environment is creative, brand-savvy, entrepreneurial, fast-paced, solutions-focused, irreverent but disciplined, team-oriented and fun. Curious? Keep reading.
What’s the role?
We’re expanding our packaging team and are looking for a superstar, who is now ready to move a notch up in their packaging journey. You need to be open to new design possibilities and bring them to life through your technical expertise, problem-solving outlook and collaboration with all stakeholders.
The role sits within the Product experience function (R&D) and requires working closely with our supply chain colleagues on packaging projects related to rolling out new packaging components, continuous improvement, maintaining best practices and problem-solving.
In addition, you’ll need to manage all technical documentation pertaining to packaging development and testing
Most importantly, you’ll be working for and supporting our packaging engineers to deliver good karma packaging.
- Support our packaging engineers to deliver packaging projects to agreed timelines and budget.
- Write and manage technical documents like specifications, briefs, visual guidelines, finished goods specifications etc.
- Write, manage and perform validation on packaging components to manage technical handover with supply chain.
- Write and manage all key technical packaging information into our databases.
- Perform complex calculations with your mind, that’s right we need you to bring your A-game in the team.
Experience you’ll bring:
- Essential: Technical packaging education e.g. a diploma, relevant degree or course
- Essential: Experience in Package development and testing in personal care or household cleaning
- Essential: Experience of working with post-consumer recycled plastics and paper
- Essential: Experience of working with 3rd party contract manufacturers
- Essential: Fluency in English. Writing, reading and speaking
- Essential: Proficient in working with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Desirable: Experience of working with AutoCAD or Solidworks
- Desirable: Experience of managing injection, ISBM, SBM based packaging formats
- Desirable: Experience in handling Palletisation software
- Desirable: Working in an SAP environment
- Desirable: Ability to deep dive into conversations around Star Wars, Stranger things and Fortnite.
Superpowers you’ll bring:
- Captain Planet: Passion for good karma packaging that keeps our planet spinning
- Scientific rigour: Apply scientific rigour to analyzing and interpreting technical data, then make tech recommendations
- Mindful mindset: Be thoughtful, appreciate concerns and take risks
- Gatekeeper: Say ‘Yes’ only when you want to, be true to your responsibilities
- Being vulnerable: Accept oversights, come clean and move on.
- Comfortable with conflicts:
- Engage in conflicts knowing that its only purpose is to produce the best possible solution
- Ability to emerge from heated debates with no residual feelings or collateral damage.
- Have fun: we’re only making soap here, have fun. Please.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive pay & benefits
- ‘Build your own’ learning programme
- Free breakfast & snacks
- 20 days annual holiday & 12 ADV days
- Pension, Life cover & Health Insurance
- Wellness days
It’s a big, beautiful, colourful world out there and we should celebrate that. That’s why we’re working hard to be a fully diverse and inclusive place to work. Every day we strive to create an atmosphere where everyone feels valued, listened to, supported and where we can do our best work. Sure, there’s always more that can be done. But together with our team, partners, customers and community, we can make everyone welcome.
If you have a disability that prevents you from following our online application process, please contact us on the email address below so we can provide an alternative way for you to apply.We are happy to make adjustments to our hiring process to ensure we are accessible to everyone – please let us know what we can do to support you.
Back to top