Operations Technician (a.k.a. mover + maker)
We are people against dirty® (PAD), and we've always done things differently. We are fearless thinkers, mad scientists, and adventurous designers who believe that making soap leads to brave ideas, bold inventions, and beautiful bubbles.
We are small, but we have big plans to make the world a cleaner, greener, and more colorful place. And we invite everyone to join us as we pioneer a future where doing business is doing good for all.
this role may be temp to hire
Movers + Makers (our name for operations associates) are an important source of life in the Southside Soapbox as they impact all aspects of the production + shipping of our products. Movers + Makers aid in gathering + distributing materials within the production area, facilitating the assembly of our products, and preparing our finished product for transport to its next home! Additionally, movers + makers play an essential role in helping to maintain the highest plant safety standards, product quality, and improvement of equipment effectiveness. Individuals willing to learn the tricks of the trade will have the unique opportunity to contribute across several aspects of our operations throughout the Soapbox.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Movers + Makers will:
- Promote + adhere to safety rules + guidelines for all work processes, refusing to settle for shortcuts to ensure safety is the highest priority within the factory
- Operate a variety of production + warehousing equipment to support all areas of the plant, including training + certification on multiple types of forklifts
- Test + monitor for quality, ensuring our products uphold our standards to deliver a world class quality experience for all PADvocates (our customers)
- Maintain a clean + welcoming workplace that complies with good manufacturing practices, 5S requirements + other established best practices
- Actively contribute to the continuous improvement of our operations including support of TPM (total productive maintenance) and LEAN initiatives
- Prior experience working collaboratively in a team setting
- Experience successfully problem-solving in a work environment
- Demonstrated track record of integrity + work ethic
- Manufacturing or operations experience is considered a plus, but is not required!
- High School Diploma, or Equivalent
- Candidates should have the ability to stand for a minimum of 8 hours a day, performing manual duties: must be able to lift 50 lbs. regularly
- Must be flexible to work weekends and overtime when needed
- Ability to communicate effectively both written + orally in English
- Willingness to learn + ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Sense of humor + a positive outlook with a 'can-do' attitude!
PAD PERKS: Our values are at the heart of everything we do. Here's just a few of the ways we 'care like a mother' for every person against dirty:
- Rockstar health insurance benefits package
- Jolly-days: competitive vacation bundle
- Generous 401(k) retirement match + pre-tax savings options
- 3 care days (a.k.a. volunteer time-off) a year, to be a force for good
- Global Ping Pong Tournament + Prom..you heard that right - - let's dance
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Back to top