mechanic - 3rd Shift
- Chicago, IL
We are people against dirty® (PAD), and we’ve always done things differently. We are fearless thinkers, mad scientists and adventurous designers who believe that making soap leads to brave ideas, bold inventions and beautiful bubbles.
We are small, but we have big plans to make the world a cleaner, greener, more colorful place. And we invite everyone to join us as we pioneer a future where doing business is doing good for all.
We have an exciting and unique opportunity for an experienced maintenance technician who has a vision to help create the next generation manufacturing experience at our manufacturing facility. Based in Chicago and reporting to the engineering team, this individual will be responsible for maintaining and improving all equipment and processes throughout the building. The ideal candidate will be a dedicated team player, great trainer and loves solving problems with applicable experience at a fast-paced consumer packaged goods company. We’re looking for someone who’s flexible, nimble and is okay with getting down and dirty and taking ownership over their duties from day one.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Perform highly skilled mechanical and electrical repair on all equipment throughout the facility – this equipment includes but is not limited to: rotary and in-line liquid filling and capping, pump inserting, rotary and in-line labelers, case and bottle coding machines, shrink sleeve-applying and shrinking, silkscreen machines, component sorters, pumps, valves, air compressors, RO systems, UV and Ozone generators and other misc. packaging, processing and facility equipment
- Specify/design and/or fabricate basic parts or components to solve short- and long-term challenges. In conjunction with engineering, collaborate on projects that make the job of our Movers and Makers (Operations Associates) easier, safer and more productive.
- Troubleshoot machines including sensors, components, drives and basic electrical operation.
- Support TPM and LEAN initiatives by assisting in task development, employee training and improvement recommendations from data analysis. Collaborate on team projects to solve problems and improve processes and procedures that improve OEE, safety, quality and work environment.
- Engage and mentor our Movers and Makers by sharing and transferring knowledge of machine operations, allowing them to become more self-sufficient and aid in the care and support of each machine center.
- 5+ years of experience (consumer packaged goods preferred) as a maintenance technician
- Experience working in a manufacturing and production environment and knowledge of OSHA, and Environmental requirements and regulations
- Working knowledge of LEAN, TPM and predictive maintenance processes
- Proven understanding of electrical, pneumatic and mechanical drawings, using them to problem-solve.
- Basic machining, welding and fabrication
- An understanding of PLC ladder logic and some experience troubleshooting programs is a plus
- Excellent collaboration and customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal communication, organization and experience leading teams
- Well-developed, creative problem-solving skills
- Proactive, “hands-on” approach and work ethic appropriate for a fast-paced, team-oriented, growing company
- You posses that certain “something” that makes us better
- Sense of humor, a positive outlook with a “can-do” attitude!
High School Diploma or equivalent
PAD PERKS:Our values are at the heart of everything we do. Here are a few of the ways weCare like a Motherfor every person against dirty:
- Rockstar health insurance benefits package
- Competitive vacation bundle + 3 Care Days (a.k.a. Volunteer Time-Off) a year
- Generous retirement match + pre-tax savings options
- Global Ping Pong Tournament + Prom...you heard that right!
HOURS: full time, non-exempt (hourly);
3rd Shift 10:15pm - 6:45am Monday - Friday with occasional overtime + weekends
REPORTS TO: Director of Engineering + Technical Services
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Back to top