Manufacturing / Warehouse Associates – a.k.a “Movers + Makers”
- Chicago, IL
We are People Against Dirty, a growing house of brands that includes method, ecover, babyganics, and coming soon...mrs. meyers clean day. We've always done things differently - we're fearless thinkers, mad scientists and adventurous designers who believe that making soap leads to brave ideas, bold inventions and beautiful bubbles. We started small, but we've got big plans to make the world a cleaner, greener, more colorful place. And we invite everyone to join us as we pioneer a future where doing business is doing good for all.
Manufacturing / Warehouse Associates, or what we like to call "Movers + Makers", are the heart + soul of the Southside Soapbox (our manufacturing + warehouse facility), as they impact all aspects of the production + shipping of our products. Movers + Makers may perform a variety of roles from machine operators to forklift drivers across all three shifts of our operations. Movers + Makers manage material movement within the production area, facilitate the production + packaging of our products, and prepare our finished products for transport to our customers! Additionally, Movers + Makers play an essential role in helping to maintain the highest plant safety standards, product quality, and efficiency of our operations.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Movers + Makers will:
- Follow safety rules + guidelines for all work processes, refusing to settle for shortcuts to ensure safety is the highest priority within the factory
- Operate a variety of production + warehousing equipment to support all areas of the plant, including training and certification on multiple types of machines + forklifts
- Monitor, inspect and document for quality, ensuring our products uphold our high standards to deliver the best quality experience for our customers
- Maintain a clean + welcoming workplace that complies with good manufacturing practices standards, 5S requirements + our greenskeeping commitment to being a zero waste facility
- Work together as a team to meet our operations goals, including performing a variety of roles and helping to onboard + train your teammates to ensure everyone has an opportunity to learn + grow
- Actively contribute to the continuous improvement of our operations, participating on cross-functional teams to help solve challenges we face + contribute new ideas to help us keep getting better
- Previous experience working well with others in a diverse team setting
- Demonstrated reliability + consistency in prior work history
- Has successfully managed solving problems in a previous job
- Manufacturing, operations or warehouse experience is a plus, but is not required!
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment + can adapt to growth + changes
- Eager to learn new things, with a focus on always getting better
- Willingness to help the team + receptive to coaching + feedback
- Sense of humor + a positive outlook with a "can-do" attitude!
- Demonstrates commitment with flexibility to work weekends and overtime when needed
- Effectively communicates both written + orally in English
- Ability to stand for a minimum of 8 hours a day, performing manual duties; must be able to lift 50 lbs. regularly
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Here are a few of the ways we Care like a Mother for every person against dirty:
- Rockstar health insurance benefits package
- Jollydays: competitive vacation bundle
- Generous retirement match + pre-tax savings options
- 3 Care Days (a.k.a. Volunteer time-off) each year to be a force for good
- Global Ping Pong Tournament + Prom...you heard that right-- let's dance
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Back to top