Key Account Manager
- Hamburg, Germany
Role Close Date 31st May 2020
We are people against dirty and we’ve always done things differently. We are fearless thinkers, mad scientists and adventurous designers who believe making soap leads to brave ideas, bold inventions and beautiful bubbles.
We are small but we have big plans to make the world a cleaner, greener, more colourful place. We invite everyone to join us as we pioneer a future where doing business is doing good for all.
Let’s get one thing straight – you’re not coming here to just sell soap, or cleaning products. (Though that will happen, trust us). You’re joining People Against Dirty to move the hearts and souls and minds of others all over the world that see the world differently. We think about cleaning as an act of creative expression, a gesture of rebellion, and, yes, an escape from the normal. We take cleaning seriously – but not ourselves.
After a great journey so far, we are excited to continue our adventure in Hamburg; building a team and culture that we continue to be proud of.
We’re looking for a Sales Hunter to explode sales and profitability in our key customers, in a truly ‘People Against Dirty’ way. As we see the world differently, we also do things differently, so expert entrepreneurial skills with a challenger mindset is the winning combination we are looking for!
Our two brands are committed to inspiring generations of happy, healthy homes by making non-toxic products that work – for you and the planet. That’s why our work environment is creative, brand-savvy, entrepreneurial, fast-paced, solutions-focused, irreverent but disciplined, team-oriented and fun. Curious? Keep reading.
What will you do?
- Bring your personality to our PAD team. Throw yourself into office life and build great relationships with the PAD DACH team. Live and breath the values of PAD and care for your colleagues.
- Make PAD the brand your buyer wants to work with; keep them happy operationally whilst bringing the fun and being disruptive.
- Relentlessly pioneer the future and pursue ambitious growth opportunities in your customers. Define a customer strategy and convert into a plan that helps you win. Bang the drum and rally the troops behind your customer and your plans. Proactively share updates and inspire the wider PAD business on your customer’s strategy, performance, risks and opportunities.
- Serve as a passionate PAD role model and inspire your customers to become PADvocates; bring the PAD story alive within your customers’ walls.
- Agree & execute yearly sales / in-store plans (JBPs) with customers to deliver €, volume, profit & return on investment. Be resourceful & employ innovative solutions to deliver value, gross margin & volume targets for your customers. Manage trade terms, agreements, price increases & promotional plans. Develop sustainable commercial solutions to solve issues before they become issues.
- Develop a spend savvy promotional plan for your customers, working alongside the Head of Sales and other KAMs. Partner closely with FP&A and the Head of Sales to determine ROI of key activity, and use commercial and category insight to help influence future plans.
- Over deliver on all KAM basics. Be brilliant at the basics of strong account management. This includes accurate and timely financial and demand forecasting, and being on top of all relevant admin
- Work with the local Brand Experience team to activate a BTL brand strategy in your accounts. Add a sprinkle of magic to create differentiated brand ‘theatre’ with retailers in store, to drive category growth and distribution.
- Contribute to the wider sales teams (both DACH and EU) and support other colleagues with their accounts. Share best practice, learnings and ideas and collaborate with others to help contribute to team goals and ambitions.
- Master sell in / sell out data and work with the category manager to convert insights into opportunities / actions.
What you’ll bring:
This is not a typical sales job in a typical FMCG company; as well as the basics, you will need to possess a unique blend of skills. The role calls for an entrepreneurial, creative, passionate, self-starting, flexible and results-driven commercial superstar with a passion for selling, an eye for the numbers detail and the focus to drive the profitable growth of our key accounts.
- You’ll be at home being a trailblazer – trying things others haven’t tried before and quickly analyzing whether they’ve worked.
- You’ll want to change the world for the better…and have the unwavering belief that you can
- You’ll be great at building relationships and establishing great ways of working with your customers
- You’re resilient and confident, with great influencing and negotiating skills
- You’re naturally organised and good at keeping on top of the administrative side of the role
- You’ll inspire your customers with amazing storytelling abilities – and analyse / use market data to drive the growth of our brands
- You’ll have strong commercial and financial acumen and will understand how a P&L works
- Your communication skills mean you’ll be at home living and breathing our brand in front of an audience
- You are a born problem solver and your ‘macgyvering’ skills mean that you’re able to turn your own great ideas (and a small purse!) into exceptional and profitable sales growth.
- You’ll not be comfortable in a bureaucratic ‘ivory tower’ – you’re a self-starter who’s not afraid to get your hands dirty and kick ass fast…and you’ll have the personality and passion to add to the team vibe in our office (hint: do you like fancy dress, can you catch a frisbee, and could you help mend the coffee machine?)
What we are looking for:
- You’ll have ‘the smarts’ & the flexibility to apply them to real world retailer negotiations and in implementing winning strategies.
- You’ll have learnt your trade through solid experience working in a FMCG sales environment
- You will have direct customer experience, as a JKAM or KAM…and the potential & ambition to grow far beyond this
We are super passionate about our products, how they work and how they are made (and what happens when the bottles are empty). So, if you delight in hearing ‘you’ve changed my life with your green products’ and turning people from sceptics to advocates one by one, this could be the job for you.
Back to top