THE PEOPLE AGAINST DIRTY STORY
method sold its first product on February 28th, 2001 - we mark this as the day we became people against dirty®. But why did two twenty-something guys start a cleaning product company? Well, we're not exactly big fans of cleaning, but we are passionate about cleaning up a dirty business. We recognized that household cleaning, which includes laundry and hand wash, was a massive category in desperate need of a little disruption.
We also had questions. Why do we pollute when we clean? Why do we use poison to make our homes healthier? And why do cleaners have to be so ugly that you hide them away or smell so bad that you hold your breath? The answer: we can do better.
Leveraging two major cultural shifts in health + wellness and life styling of the home, we disrupted every aspect of the category and grew method into a green cleaning leader. Along the way, we hit #7 on the Inc. 500 list, were named the #16th most innovative company in the world by Fast Company in 2008 and became PETA persons of the year for developing the first vegan laundry products.
method products can be found in Target, Lowe's, Safeway, Whole Foods and most grocers nationwide, along with growing distribution in the UK, France, China, Japan and Australia. And the party is only getting started.
In 2012, method merged with Belgian green cleaning giant Ecover, and together became the world's largest green cleaning company. Our two brands are committed to inspiring generations of happy, healthy homes by making non-toxic products that work—for you and the planet. And we've built a LEED-Platinum certified manufacturing plant to prove it, the first of its kind in our industry. We even formalized the name of our joint enterprise: People Against Dirty (PAD) Manufacturing. Of course, this is more than a company name, it is one of our founding principles. By pioneering a cleaner clean, we believe we can make a difference.
That's why our work environment is creative, brand-savvy, entrepreneurial, fast-paced, solutions-focused, irreverent but disciplined, team-oriented and fun. Piqued your curiosity? Keep reading.
THE PEOPLE + ENVIRONMENT TEAM (P+E)
do you love to listen … really? do you create the fun? well then, you might just be the perfect person to join our team. P+E is all about taking care of business, but we are also leading and fueling the revolution against dirty by supporting and enhancing the culture of method. we are a small team that makes a big impact. basically, we're putting the human back in human resources and having fun while we do it.
the p+e coordinator position is based in Chicago and reports to the manufacturing p+e manager. this role is responsible for the administration of recruiting, onboarding, benefits and daily office responsibilities as well as helping to foster our unique + dynamic company culture. the p+e coordinator will play a critical role in ensuring that method is always a great place to work. beyond the traditional boundaries of HR, we want to ensure that work life at method is driving the greatest value for the people against dirty and for the company. this position provides an amazing opportunity to enhance your HR skills and both learn and influence the culture of method.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- review job descriptions for grammar/accuracy/compliance and make sure the copy is fun and engaging and captures the essence of each role
post open roles on www.methodhome.com, LinkedIn + misc job boards
- review resume submission and conduct initial candidate phone screens
- administer background checks, drug tests, physicals and other pre-employment screenings
- coordinate all candidate interviews and distribution of all recruiting materials to key stakeholders
- compile and send offer packets and collect signed agreements/documents
- coordinate all temporary employee requests with external agencies + SF P+E and IT teams
onboarding + new hire facilitation
- order supplies for and create/send new hire welcome kits to candidates that have accepted employments offers
- create new hire paperwork packets incorporating the most up-to-date company and benefits info
- collect, organize and verify accurate completion of all necessary paperwork for new hires
- confirm desk + IT setup for new hires prior to start date
- conduct I-9 verifications for all new hires prior to start of work
- plan and conduct new employee orientation meetings to educate new employees on our company culture, benefits, policies, values and expectations
- liaise with SF team to enter all new hire enrollments + changes
- assist with open enrollment event (scheduling, calendar invites, lunch coordination)
- create Chicago surveys and report-out presentations as needed
- act as the ambassador of the employee handbook and all policies contained therein; never miss the opportunity to educate employees on process/policy and show employees where to look for the answers they are seeking
- stay one step ahead of all office and kitchen supply and maintenance needs; maintain a highly organized inventory and ordering system
- manage all p+e and office management vendor relationships; lead semi-annual review to assess 1) cost efficiency, 2) sustainability and 3) technical excellence of current contracts and services
- manage and facilitate Southside Soapbox (Plant) tours
- collaborate with SF P+E team to implement an organized process for the electronic and physical storage of employment records (pre- and post-hire)
- manage "house of reps" (rotating reception) calendar and training materials
- manage the soap = dope program that provides free product to employees
- manage all Chicago office mailing requests
- create reports and benchmarking analysis; assist with special projects as needed
culture + environment
- preparation of P+E announcements for weekly all-hands meetings
- manage internal communication board (marlin system)
- assist with company offsite and event planning and preparation
- order + deliver all values awards to winners
- facilitate employee of the month awards, i.e. stock the vault of edible riches + purchase the perk of significance
- assist in creating company and p+e presentations
- be an active member of the values pod
- assist in creating and fostering an environment of safety, transparency, appreciation and fun!
- work reception once a month*
*we are not joking. at people against dirty, everyone takes a spin as receptionist. costumes welcome.
the ideal candidate will be very organized, focused, knowledable about human resources policies and detail oriented. we're looking for someone who's flexible, nimble, doesn't have an ego and is ok with getting down and dirty as the role involves heavy administrative office work as well … a positive outlook and sense of humor will serve you well.
QUALIFICATIONS + EXPERIENCE
- 1-2 years experience in human resources or office administrative function
- ability to manage time and competing priorities effectively and flex with the circumstances; precise attention to detail
- experience with events coordination
- experience with personnel filing
- experience with human resource administrative websites + systems
- superior organization skills + detail orientation; proven problem-solving skills
- strong, positive and clear written and verbal communication skills; proven ability to collaborate with people across all levels and functional areas
- creativity and a sense of humor - able to put method-style finishing touches on everything we do
- ability to work well under pressure and deliver excellent customer service in all interactions
- proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel + PowerPoint
- self-motivated with a great attitude and positive outlook a must
- bachelors degree preferred
LOCATION: Southside Chicago
HOURS: Full-time (non-exempt/hourly)
- primarily 1st shift (6:15am - 2:45pm)
- 2 days per month 2nd shift (2:30 - 11pm)
- 2 days per month 3rd shift (10pm - 6:30am)
REPORTS TO: manufacturing p+e manager
please go to
Back to top